PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Players! Hmmm Human psychology,hand reading....

09-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Roy Cook stated that "reading hands is more an art than a scinece. It is an exercise in human psychology". One needs to understand how his opponent thinks in order to accurately read his hand.

Any comments?/
Hmmmm just wondering

Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

Jimbo
09-25-2002, 04:51 PM
the same thing about the internet forum! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Jimbo

09-25-2002, 04:58 PM
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Noo Yawk
09-25-2002, 05:16 PM
First off, when are you going to register your name? The Bull should not be Anonymous!!
I agree with Roy Cook. Hand reading is an art in reguards to the many dynamics of human nature. To know how someone plays is something you pick up from past plays. The mix of art and science is what you would use in present plays. How they bet this hand, compared to how they bet previous hands.
So I would say 75% art and 25% science. Just a quick thought, but what the heck do I know!

09-25-2002, 06:00 PM
that "reading hands" falls predominantly in the domain
of psychology??
When I first registered,everything was ok. However,subsequently, for some reason,I became UNregistered. I then tried to re-register under the same name"Sitting Bull" but was NOT successful.
Maybe U can solve my problem.
T /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif hanks for your interesting response.
Hmmm
Sitting Bull

Noo Yawk
09-25-2002, 06:12 PM
E-mail Chuck and he will send you your password. I had the same problem, and he helped me fix it. If I try to help you with a computer problem, I might turn off all the power west of the Mississippi !!!
In response to your post, I don't know if it falls under psychlogy as much as the ability to read people and make accurate deductions. These areas may or may not fall directly under psychology, but they probably cross paths a few times.

09-25-2002, 06:30 PM

Noo Yawk
09-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Chuck Weinstock. Go to the FAQ and theres something there about troubleshooting.

bernie
09-26-2002, 01:29 AM
i thoroughly enjoyed cooke's latest article in CP. it was great....

i tend to watch how some not so regular players act outside the ringgame a little too. even just watching them while im waiting for a game will tell me what they may play like...

only the real hardcores are going to be able to disassociate their play from how they may act in life....because it has a wave of emotions in the game. kind of like golf...

someone once said, if you want to see how a guy handles stiuations in life, take him golfing for a round and youll see how he approaches/reacts to certain events. same with cards.

if you see a guy in the room, come in as a blowhard, his play is usually going to lean that way. rarely will he sit and play a tight solid game. at least not for his whole session...eventually his play will reflect his character.

id recommend that article....i thought it was great...

b

09-26-2002, 02:53 AM

09-26-2002, 03:13 AM
one's poker attitude and playing style can reflect one's attitude and temperament in his other real-world activities
and relationships.

I'm a regular fan of Mr. Cook.

Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

bad beetz
09-26-2002, 08:34 PM
I like that article too.
good post.

I remember something from Caro's videos about a player ordering chips unafraid, and then a player ordering chips timidly, and Caro using this information to assume how he plays, basically, if he's waving money in the air yelling "chips, chips," you can assume until proven other wise that his play will be as boisterous.

SittingBull
09-28-2002, 03:25 AM
in the air will usually play loose,while the timid one will usually play a conservative game.
Just because someone is boisterous at the table doesn't imply that he is not a conservative player.
Caro did not imply that there /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif is a correlation between waving one's chips in the air and being boisterous.

Happy pokering.
SittingBull

bad beetz
10-01-2002, 08:52 PM
boisterous "Loud, noisy, and lacking in restraint or discipline"

I meant the lack of restraint or discipline part in terms of playing. loose. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif