PDA

View Full Version : AJo Bubble Decision

mustardo
03-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Easy,

As I mentioned in previous post am quite new to SnGs but have had some good results early on, but I am still stuck on bubble play when there is a really short stack about.

The other day I was in the small blind with t1050 and was dealt AJo, the big blind had only t180 after posting the t200bb.

A big stack from the button raised to t400 as he had done a no of times with a wide range of hands;

Should I fold knowing the bb is virtually pot committed and not give him a chance to fold and sneak in 3rd or is this just too tight and negative, is the best play to push as I probably have the best hand?

Also how do you convert hands? excuse my ignorance.

Thanks

Mustardo

1C5
03-10-2005, 09:38 AM
This might be 100% the wrong play but what I would do here is simply call the 400 bet and then if an A or J flopped I would push. If not, I would get out of the hand and still have 500 chips and then play for 3rd. This is assuming there is 4 left at this point.

whynot?
03-10-2005, 09:39 AM
so i'll be interested to hear the replies on this as i need to work the bubble play as well, but

on this i'd call with the assumption the utg call just wanted to get bb all in for sure (not that he had a choice). i'd see the flop - and check it down unless you hit big time