PDA

View Full Version : Payout structure on MTT tournaments

FTK
03-10-2005, 08:25 AM
What is the reasoning behind those extreme topheavy payouts on MTT-tournaments?

Personally, i dont think that is correct to pay the number 1
10-20 times the money number 5 gets. This not reflect correctly the difference in achievment between those 2.

If you play in one of the big tournies with 2000 entrants or so, you will need to finish in the top 10% to break even, top 5% to double your entry fee, top 0,5% to actually make a decent profit.

Personally i would play much more MTT tournaments if the payout structure would be changed in such a way that (for example !) :

top 25% would get money back.
1st place would be worth 5% of total entrance fee and be about twice as much as 10th place.

Rekwob
03-10-2005, 08:45 AM
the 'big score' that first gets is the main reason anyone plays tournaments though, take that out and give a much flatter structure and most people wont think its worth their time

Potowame
03-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I agree FT should get a a better payout vs. rest the field. But I think it should be spread better at the FT not all the way down to top 25%.

Your statment that 5th place should get paid more and they should pay top 25% is contradictory of each other. You are taking money away from the 5th place guy to pay the other 15% of players as well as the 1st place guy. I see now reason to spread the money any deeper than top 10% of the field. I would be alot happier if they paid top 5% and made the payouts worth your time once you reach that position.