PDA

View Full Version : Barry Greenstein's Website

Jake (The Snake)
03-10-2005, 06:30 AM
It's been updated (at least since the last time I saw it). Maybe I have a strange sense of humor, but I think that the player analysis section (especially the chosen music) is hilarious.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the book. Anybody know if a publisher has been chosen yet?

SoftcoreRevolt
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Barry owns a sit down Ms Pac Man... I hate him. So many painful memories of the machine I almost got to buy, only to be cut down.

Although it is hard to hate him...

"Will some of the proceeds go to charity?
No. I would consider this emotional blackmail. If you want to give money to charity, do it. I often have offers to endorse websites or other products with some money going to charity. I never tell anyone to gamble in order to help charitable causes."

Voltron87
03-10-2005, 04:41 PM
I don't think there is any new content, just a new layout. The music is worth it. Hilarious. He's got different music for each player. I'm listening to Chau Giang's as I'm typing this. Great touch Barry.

Voltron87
03-10-2005, 04:43 PM
ahahahahah, Johnny Chan! I'm sitting here picturing Barry sitting around thinking of which song he should use for everyone.

slickpoppa
03-10-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ahahahahah, Johnny Chan! I'm sitting here picturing Barry sitting around thinking of which song he should use for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Johnny Chan music is perfect

So is Hellmuth's: It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

slickpoppa
03-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Stu Ungar's song should really be "Cocaine"

SoftcoreRevolt
03-10-2005, 04:49 PM
So is the Stu Ungar music, although sad in a way.

After the conversation posted in Daniel and Jesus, perhaps Daniel's music will be changed to The Clash's "The Sound of Sinners." Although no man has actually listened to the entirety of Sandinista to get to that song anyway.

meow_meow
03-10-2005, 04:52 PM
can someone please post the link?
Thanks

SoftcoreRevolt
03-10-2005, 04:54 PM
www.barrygreenstein.com (http://www.barrygreenstein.com)

I wish I had heard that story about Harrington's 95 final table before, that is so hilarious.

"When Dan made it to the final table of the 1995 World Series of Poker, he proposed a nine-way settlement to the other players. He explained how they would each get enough money that they could invest it and be rich. Chuck Thompson, one of the players and a friend of mine, rejected the idea and told the other players that this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a million dollars. One by one, as each player got knocked out, Dan tried to sell the idea, even offering investment counseling. There were no takers and eventually Dan came away with the full million."

Hold'me
03-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Got to love the music, it's good to see more of Barry's personality through his website. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cwsiggy
03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
The song selection for each player is hysterical.
Lederer's is "The Logical Song"
Ivey's is "Pinball Wizard"

lol

Mr. Peanut
03-10-2005, 06:39 PM
When Barry first added the music, Hellmuth's song was "Dream On" but was changed to "It's My Party".

bones
03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
He has 'em for celebrity players too. I don't think I've ever laughed at a poker players website..til now.