PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand

mungpo
03-10-2005, 06:24 AM
I have 200 hands on Villian who is 37/13.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

What do you think about calling down in this situation?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-10-2005, 06:26 AM
pop him.

caggin
03-10-2005, 06:56 AM
I think I'd raise the turn. You're almost certainly ahead. AA, KK, or JJ would've been more aggressive. His turn bet makes me suspect he picked up a flush draw (AK /images/graemlins/heart.gif or AJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif). If he bets out the river, then I call down.

aron
03-10-2005, 07:00 AM
I'll go with caggins line.

-aron

mungpo
03-10-2005, 07:04 AM
I didn't expect Villian to get rid of his hand if I raise him on the turn. My thinking was that he would either 3-bet me or call my raise on the turn. If he had 3-bet me, then I am sure I would be calling down with the worst hand. But wouldn't a call on the turn be better? I get to see the river and possible call down with the best hand.

ArturiusX
03-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Your looking to maximise your money. You have the best hand on the turn, you don't want him seeing a cheap flush draw.

I'd be more aggressive here.

archmagi
03-10-2005, 07:31 AM
raise the turn. (If he re-raises you stop and think for a minute)
call the river.

olavfo
03-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Since a simple explanation is often the best: Isn't Villain's line 100% compatible with top pair + ace kicker?

From my own experience many villains in this situation will simply ignore the possibility of a higher pocket pair the moment they flop top pair with ace kicker. They put you on AK and keep betting as long as their pair is good. Also, if Villain is aware of the free card play, he may very well have put you on a drawing hand.

I would raise the turn and call down if villain caps.

olavfo

Reef
03-10-2005, 08:39 AM
I'd raise the turn. Call down if 3-bet.

TwoShedsJackson
03-10-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since a simple explanation is often the best: Isn't Villain's line 100% compatible with top pair + ace kicker?

From my own experience many villains in this situation will simply ignore the possibility of a higher pocket pair the moment they flop top pair with ace kicker. They put you on AK and keep betting as long as their pair is good. Also, if Villain is aware of the free card play, he may very well have put you on a drawing hand.

I would raise the turn and call down if villain caps.

olavfo

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems very like TPTK to me also, I would also raise the turn and call down if 3 bet.

mungpo
03-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Jd Js (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero has Qs Qh (one pair, queens).
Outcome: CO wins 11.25 BB. </font>

As soon as Villian bet out on the turn, I immediatly thought of JJ.

djhoneybear
03-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Don't make the mistake of thinking that because you were right to call down in this situation that you should generally play this hand the same way. Usually you will have the best hand and will be missing bets. Raising the turn will also give you information. If you opponent re-raises you are probably beat and can consider folding (or calling down if you are worried about people bluffing at you latter).

The important thing is that if your opponent has a flush draw or top pair top kicker - you are making it very expensive for them to draw out on you. In this situation your opponent is much more likely to be drawing or to playing TPTK than to have trips.

mungpo
03-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Calling down from the turn is not a normal play for me. Normally, I would have reraised him on the turn, but I just got that weird feeling that he made a hand. I tried to put him on AJ from the flop, which seemed possible since he didn't 3-bet. The turn bet from Villian seemed odd. I know people will say that I played this hand very weakly, and I admit I did. Villian easily could have been on a draw or had AJ. Instead of reraising, I decided to call him down. Is my line of thinking too weak here? Should I be reraising the turn no matter what I think?