PDA

View Full Version : Capturing the Freidmans

[censored]
03-10-2005, 06:03 AM
I caught this documentary (2003) on HBO tonight and if you get a chance I definitely recommend you see this.

It's tells the story of family which falls apart when the father and one of sons is convicted of child molestation.It mixes in current interviews with home footage shot by the family during the ordeal.

Very good story, very sad.

Brainwalter
03-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Dang, I changed the channel after Chapelle

[censored]
03-10-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dang, I changed the channel after Chapelle

[/ QUOTE ]

If get East and West you can still catch it on west at 3:55AM PST.

AEKDBet
03-10-2005, 07:48 AM
That is one f-d up movie. Just f-d up.

Did anyone else have thier guilty/ NOT guilty opinion flip flop around during the movie. Kinda made up my mind at the end.....

lucas9000
03-10-2005, 10:36 AM
this is a very good movie, and i too recommend it. how weird is it that the one son performs and childrens' parties now?

[censored]
03-10-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is one f-d up movie. Just f-d up.

Did anyone else have thier guilty/ NOT guilty opinion flip flop around during the movie. Kinda made up my mind at the end.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya for sure. I thought it was pretty clear that many of the charges were made up but at the same time I went from thinking they were innocent to thinking that something happened with the father (which he sort of admits to in his letter). I could go either way with the son.

At the same time I got the feeling that the whole movie was an exercise in the family's denial.