PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see any problem with this play?

miami_jesse
03-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Very first hand of 20+2 SnGo, I get KdKh on the button...4 limpers to me, I raise to 75 (5xBB). Get the BB to call plus a limper in middle position. Flop is 8c6c2h. Checked around to me, I bet 300 (Pot has 270 in it). The BB calls me. Turn is a Qs. After it is checked to me, I go all in and he flips over 88. Was there anything wrong with my play here?

lorinda
03-10-2005, 05:21 AM
Was there anything wrong with my play here?

It was totally fine. I might raise more than 75 on the first hand, but because I want players with 88 to call more chips, not because I want them to fold.
It's amazing what people will call on the very first hand when all nine players are still potentially the biggest calling stations on the site.

That being said, your play was fine.

miami_jesse: bad beat posts remaining 0/1

Lori

johnnybeef
03-10-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
miami_jesse: bad beat posts remaining 0/1

[/ QUOTE ]

spentrent
03-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Why bet 300 on the flop? Who's gonna call that bet with a crap hand?

miami_jesse
03-10-2005, 06:48 AM
On Party Poker, an Ax of clubs, top pair, 99, even AQ will even call that bet. Not too mention, KK is still very nice, but I'm still worried of an ace hitting. Its a pretty nice pot to take home right there...25% of my starting chips profit.

spentrent
03-10-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On Party Poker, an Ax of clubs, top pair, 99, even AQ will even call that bet. Not too mention, KK is still very nice, but I'm still worried of an ace hitting. Its a pretty nice pot to take home right there...25% of my starting chips profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're sitting on 725 and about to bet almost half your stack. Why not just push it all in on the flop if you want the pot now and you're worried about someone drawing an ace?

miami_jesse
03-10-2005, 07:26 AM
If I push it in on the flop, no way I get a flush draw to go for the turn..I bet so that he's tempted to call past the flop, than take away his odds on a turn.

curtains
03-10-2005, 07:33 AM
haha yea sure, I've never seen anyone in a $20 sit and go call an allin bet on the flop with a flush draw where they weren't getting the correct pot odds to do so.

Stop giving your opponents so much respect, I would expect a large percentage of them to call your allin with a flush draw here.

jackaaron
03-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Why did you go all in with one pair is all I was wondering.

People love playing middle pairs for this very reason. Your pre-flop bet wasn't as big as you think, I know it was multiple times the bb, but because the blinds aren't very high, early on people will call with hands like 88.

jackaaron
03-10-2005, 09:42 AM
I need to start playing party sng's then. Cuz if people are going all in with one pair, I'm gonna be the richest man in America.

1C5
03-10-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to start playing party sng's then. Cuz if people are going all in with one pair, I'm gonna be the richest man in America.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because you have no idea how to play them.