PDA

View Full Version : 80¢ Freezeout. Who's in?

mmbt0ne
03-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Stars .02/.04
Table Grus

Come get you some.

mmbt0ne
03-10-2005, 04:24 AM
I fold too much, as zephed, and now Shill, can tell you.

Shillx
03-10-2005, 04:32 AM
Good match. I did get lucky but I also made some adjustments at the end.

1) You fold too much preflop. I didn't fold a single hand (not a good thing I'm sure but getting 3:1 odds against a random hand isn't bad). Have confidence in your postflop play.

2) You fold way to much on the flop. I probably could have taken you out by raising every hand on the button and then betting the flop.

3) You are pretty quick to bet the flop in limp pots (or even in pots when you raised preflop) but then you check the turn when you have nothing. I made some stupid plays early on (I was bluff raising the turn too much) before I figured this out. At the end I would call on the flop (with nothing) with the intention of betting the turn should you check. Had you of followed through on the turn more often, you might have taken me out.

4) You didn't adjust enough. I started off by raising every hand when I saw that you folded too much. You got better and I backed off a bit. Then I started to limp-reraise some garbage hands (as well as some good hands). You also played an ABC game postflop where you tended to bet with a hand on 4th and 5th and almost always check/folded with nothing.

5) Finally I got smart and started slowplaying against you. So I would pick up QQ preflop and call your raise. Then I would check/call you on the flop and lead the turn to try and create some action. I found that you were folding to my good hands too much on the flop when I bet so I decided to check/call more with good hands (as you know I bet any pair on the flop). This is probably what did you in as I then waited until you made a 2nd best hand to throw raises in.

Brad