PDA

View Full Version : AJs BIG BLING 10/20 GAME

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Preflop:
UTG1 LIMPS (playing loose/passive, seeing flops with 4,5 offsuit), UTG2 CALLS MP 2 Calls, Small Blind Calls, Hero Raises in Big Blind with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop:
T /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Everyone checks

Turn:
J /images/graemlins/club.gif
Small Blind Checks, Hero bets, UTG1 Calls, UTG 2 Calls, MP 2 Calls, SB Folds

River:
8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, UTG1 checks, UTG 2 Checks, MP 2 Bets
Everyone Folds!!!!

THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!

TStoneMBD
03-10-2005, 03:21 AM
bet the river

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 03:22 AM
This board is like a book of neverending information. Thanks for the help guys.

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 03:23 AM
Four handed with a one card straight out there and a possible flush I should bet the river???????

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Four handed with a one card straight out there and a possible flush I should bet the river???????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Failing that, at least don't fold.

Why are you worried about the flush? You don't think he'd raise you and another player on the turn with a flush?

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 03:27 AM
OK I SEE YOUR point, but you think I semi-tight player would bet something but a nine here or maybe a small flush fearing that I had made a bigger flush when I bet the turn. OK so on top of that do you think I should have check called to induce a bluff or bet out and folded to a raise????

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The players haven't done anything at all to indicate they've got you beat.

You could probably fold the river if you bet and were raised, but you can't fold before then.

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Four handed don't you think the best thing to do would check call probably unless there was a bet and a raise before it got back to me.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK I SEE YOUR point, but you think I semi-tight player would bet something but a nine here or maybe a small flush fearing that I had made a bigger flush when I bet the turn. OK so on top of that do you think I should have check called to induce a bluff or bet out and folded to a raise????

[/ QUOTE ]

I think either works fine. Remember, you raised preflop and only bet once after the flop. They don't know you have top pair top kicker. In fact, your hand looks an awful lot like AK with the ace of clubs. Your check might not even induce a bluff, it might just induce a hand like QJ to think they are in the lead and bet for value. You cannot fold the river here for one bet once you check.

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Four handed don't you think the best thing to do would check call probably unless there was a bet and a raise before it got back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know which line is better, both seem good to me, maybe clarkmeister will know which is best. Either way, you have to call this river after you checked.

edit: oh.

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 03:36 AM
I will keep this in mind but I was awful sure that he had me crushed, a straight at worst, my reads lately have been correct close to 85% of the time in this typical $10/$20 game.

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will keep this in mind but I was awful sure that he had me crushed, a straight at worst, my reads lately have been correct close to 85% of the time in this typical $10/$20 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

85% of the time isn't enough to fold this river getting 9:1.

edit: Well, it might be because of the guys behind him might be check/raising, but the concept is still important.

edit2: HA! Beat you that time sucka.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you need to be over 90% sure to correctly fold here.

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 04:09 AM
OK I get your point with the 9 to 1 and needing to be 90% sure. What is the best way for to focus on calculating pot odds, I neglect this way too much. I know how to do it, but I always seem to not pay attention to the exact amount of the pot. I can usually tell by the size of the pot if I am close or not, but you got any tips to focus in more on this.

TStoneMBD
03-10-2005, 04:14 AM
count the bets as they go into the pot, or at the end of each street. make it a habit and itll happen naturally. dont wait until its necessary to know the size of the pot or youll take a long time counting it and that could be a distinct tell.

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Question on that. So say there is 4 small bets in the pot preflop and 4 small bets on the flop. 8 small bets. I am on a flush draw. I am next to the button and everyone checks around to the button, he bets making it 5 big bets total and I am 5.11111 to 1 if everyone folds is it a bad call in the long run if I will not get paid of by this player on the river????

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Question on that. So say there is 4 small bets in the pot preflop and 4 small bets on the flop. 8 small bets. I am on a flush draw. I am next to the button and everyone checks around to the button, he bets making it 5 big bets total and I am 5.11111 to 1 if everyone folds is it a bad call in the long run if I will not get paid of by this player on the river????

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're absolutely sure everyone behind you will fold and you're absolutely sure that he won't pay a bet on the river, then yea, it's a bad call.

But you'll never know those things for sure, I'd peal one off, I think you can make up 1BB somewhere in this hand.