PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Queens 10/20 GAME (10 Handed)

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Preflop:
UTG1, UTG2 both Limp, Hero Has Q,Q and makes it two bets, LP1 Cold Calls, LP2 Reraises LP1 and LP2 call two more bets each, hero calls, and LP1 Calls (5 to the flop)

Flop
T /images/graemlins/club.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Action: Checked around to preflop three bettor who bet, everyone calls

Turn
A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Action: Checked all the way around

River
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked around again to preflop three bettor who hesitantly bets 60% chance he had Queens or Jacks 40% Aces or kings since the turn check, UTG1 FOLDS, UTG 2 FOLDS, looks like LP1 is going to fold as he shows someone his cards so Hero Calls. LP1 says I will see what you guys got and he calls with the King

LP 1 shows King queen of hearts, LP2 shows Pocket jacks as I suspected and I show pocket queens

Any suggestions?

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Cap preflop, unless a 3-bet absolutely means AA or KK, you've got an equity edge and you should push it. Bet out the flop hoping that LP2 will raise you and knock out the field or flush out a T. I'd 3-bet it HU against LP2 if it's HU when action returns to me (or if the guy between us is still around).

Turn and river play change drastically after this.

Also, don't include results in your post.

CaliStyle
03-10-2005, 03:07 AM
If I did get it heads up what do you think the best play would be when the ace of hearts comes out. Should I bet out???

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I did get it heads up what do you think the best play would be when the ace of hearts comes out. Should I bet out???

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet and fold to a raise.

If the guy's really loose aggressive, that is, he's capable of bluff-raising the A with a hand like JJ or TT or K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif, bet and call down if he raises.