PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find this stupid?

pshreck
03-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Geno says a bad word (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2008641)

So... over here in CT, this is like the biggest story. Everyone is reporting that Geno Auriemma said something to a girl on the Rutgers team as the game was winding down.

Not a single news source is reporting what was said, but being a Uconn student I can tell you what the word on campus is:

Basically, Geno makes a comment to a ref to keep a Rutgers player from talking junk at the end of the game. Another player on Rutgers, gives Geno the finger out of view of the refs. Now what Uconn students are saying, is that Geno now says "Look at the fu**ing scoreboard". This girl proceeds to tell her coach what he says (this is where it gets stupid), and the coach starts making this very public against Geno. No doubt because Rutgers was the higher ranked team, yet UConn women win their 10 big east championship in 12 seasons anyways.

I think this is so so so so stupid. The coach basically says scoreboard in a harsh way, and the big east needs to investiage. Anyone else find this stupid?

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 02:20 AM
you lost me at "girl on the Rutgers team"

pshreck
03-10-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you lost me at "girl on the Rutgers team"

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont know who Geno Auriemma is? I assumed people know him as a womens bball coach.

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 02:22 AM
you had me until "womens bball coach."

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 02:23 AM
It's women's hoops. Who cares. I find the pride you take in typing "yet UConn women win their 10 big east championship in 12 seasons anyways." to be very amusing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Speaking of which, why do they insist of showing Pat Summit's total wins side by side with men's coaches? It makes zero sense.

pshreck
03-10-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to fake retire again.

pshreck
03-10-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of which, why do they insist of showing Pat Summit's total wins side by side with men's coaches? It makes zero sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont want to get into a womens ball debate, but I agree with you on this one. Womens and Mens stats should NEVER be mixed.

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this means a lot coming from the most inane poster ever.

pshreck
03-10-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this means a lot coming from the most inane poster ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the TSC who didnt try to get into so many flame wars /images/graemlins/mad.gif

And don't pretend you didn't fake retire /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to get into a womens ball debate

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late.

It's so amusing to those of us who aren't from UConn how they have totally brainwashed all you guys into becoming male groupies of the women's hoops team. Please leave your man card at the door, you won't be needing it any more.

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 02:28 AM
you wanna go bitch!!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 02:29 AM
one of my buddies nuts fell off as soon as he purchased a Seattle Storm world championship hat.

pshreck
03-10-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to get into a womens ball debate

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late.

It's so amusing to those of us who aren't from UConn how they have totally brainwashed all you guys into becoming male groupies of the women's hoops team. Please leave your man card at the door, you won't be needing it any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

To defend my school, most guys on campus could care less about the women. My brother thinks Im a tool for being interested. I always thought Geno was just a great coach, so I have some interest.

The reason I dont want to get into a womens bball debate is because I could never win.

jedi
03-10-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Sue Bird is hot.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 02:43 AM
I'd say post a pic, but the last thing I want to see is lots of pics of women's hoops players like Taurus the Bull.

pshreck
03-10-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say post a pic, but the last thing I want to see is lots of pics of women's hoops players like Taurus the Bull.

[/ QUOTE ]

She could get any guy she wanted on campus. I'm serious.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She could get any guy she wanted on campus. I'm serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's so amusing to those of us who aren't from UConn how they have totally brainwashed all you guys into becoming male groupies of the women's hoops team.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://solastyear.com/bullfighter.jpg

pshreck
03-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Dude you are on fire for making me laugh out loud tonight.

And in case if anyone was wondering if I was serious, no, I wasnt. Taurasi was and is gross.

CCass
03-10-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in TN, am proud of the women's program at UT, and I couldn't agree more.

Reef
03-10-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you explain how the women's good fundamentals make up for their inability to dunk?

[/ QUOTE ]
-Femputer

Porcupine
03-10-2005, 11:23 AM
That is weak. I assumed Geno had said something nasty when the Rutgers coach said something like "Geno said something to a player that no coach should ever say to any player".

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you explain how the women's good fundamentals make up for their inability to dunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, this is a massive pet peeve of mine. They do NOT have good fundamentals. Every time I see a women's game it's a total turnover fest. Ever watch two good teams play against each other? High TO's, low FG% (despite the smaller ball), and they are worse FT shooters as well. The whole fundamentally sound thing is a myth to try and market what is a massively inferior product.