PDA

View Full Version : A2 suited on the button - interesting hand

Somekid
03-10-2005, 02:14 AM
I found this hand pretty interesting. Should I just call the check-raise heads up? Also I wonder if this is how the turn and river should be played. I feel pretty lost heads up.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Firefly
03-10-2005, 02:38 AM
I like it. Nice hand. My plan in these situations isn't great, but this is how I would play it.

jaxUp
03-10-2005, 02:46 AM
A raise on the river, rather than the turn would have been fine as well IMO. You maybe would have got 1 more BB out of him

milesdyson
03-10-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A raise on the river, rather than the turn would have been fine as well IMO. You maybe would have got 1 more BB out of him

[/ QUOTE ]
You have way too much equity to not be raising this turn, and you can't guarantee that he'll call a river raise. Also, in case you are behind on the turn and don't catch a /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river, are you still raising? Calling a 3-bet on the river would suck - calling a 3-bet on the turn is fun.

edit: obviously yes you would still be raising the river without a /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Shillx
03-10-2005, 03:33 AM
If you are going to play it this way, raise the river and not the turn.

Brad

milesdyson
03-10-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to play it this way, raise the river and not the turn.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
By playing it "this way," which way are you referring to? Not 3-betting the flop?

Shillx
03-10-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By playing it "this way," which way are you referring to? Not 3-betting the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. 3-betting the flop is also an option. When you start playing HU you will learn to mix up your play in these spots.

Brad

Pharity
03-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Why should he raise the river and not the turn? Because BB might be bluffing or have a PP? If he is not bluffing but have a lesser hand than hero - which is likely b/c the flop c/r, shouldn't hero raise the turn while BB is willing to pay for his draw?

Somekid
03-10-2005, 10:58 AM
I like the idea to 3-bet the flop. However, if he caps and I hit my ace on the turn and he leads in to me, do I give him credit for at least two pair and just call it down? I dont think I'd be willing to raise the turn in this situation.

davelin
03-10-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should he raise the river and not the turn? Because BB might be bluffing or have a PP? If he is not bluffing but have a lesser hand than hero - which is likely b/c the flop c/r, shouldn't hero raise the turn while BB is willing to pay for his draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't look like BB is on a draw, it looks like he hit a part of the flop. Hero's turn action screams "I hit the Ace!" and scares off the Villain. Waiting until the river to raise would've probably netted one more BB.

Pharity
03-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Yea, you'r probably right. What i meant with a draw was that he is likely drawing to two pairs or trips, and knows that. But if he has a fair hand he might call the turn raise because the drawing odds he is (almost) getting, and then also call for a showdown. If you on the other hand raised the river he might fold his mediocre hand.