PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: Help guide my "career"

meijin
03-10-2005, 01:43 AM
Hey all...new user here...hope this is the appropriate forum. If not let me know.

I need some guidance...I am a new player. I have been playing for about 18 months. However...for about the first year, I was the guy everyone hates. Ax and I would ride it to the river to crack your KK, QQ, or JJ. I would be the suckout chaser of straights and flushes that would hit runner, runner. But, like all players who play like this, it was bad play being rewarded enough to keep me doing it because I did not know any better. Then I would just get hammered. Finally I decided I needed to figure out what I was doing wrong and got myself a ton of books, software and videos to get educated. I believe I am now...at least somewhat. This is where I need the help for you more experienced folks.

I play on Pokerstars. On 11/30/04, I had $30 in my account. Since then I have been playing .10/.25 NLH almost exclusively. My bankroll is now at $481.00. So, I am up $451 since then (I did loan out $65 to a friend, but it is not back in the bankroll yet). What I am looking for is advice on moving up in the limits. But I am not sure which one. Should I just move up on level or should I go up another? I don't like the current one because the players are so loose. Raising to protect a small or middle player or playing position is not really an option. You just get too many really loose players that will call and continue to.

So...a long story to get here. Any advice on moving up in limits? Also, what type of bankroll do you recommend in relation to the limits? Maybe I should continue where I am and build some more cash?

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks!

GrunchCan
03-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Welcome to the forums.

This is a limit HE forum. There is a NL HE forum here too, you might want to direct your question to them.

Good luck.

Edit: Oh, and by the way. 2+2ers don't hate the kind of player you used to be. We love them.

meijin
03-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the help...so I should place this in the small stakes forum instead?

Thanks again!

benkath1
03-10-2005, 02:10 AM
No in the 'no limit' forum, if that is what you play.