PDA

View Full Version : Two hands - bet the turn or not?

spacemonkey57
03-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Hand 1. Both villans seem LP-P, but I've only been at the table for an orbit and a half. I bet the flop because there's a chance I've got the best hand and hopefully I could increase my chance of winning. Do I bet the turn here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero?

Hand 2. The villans are the same two players. First, is the free card play on the flop standard? Second, do I fire again or take the free card when I spike the five on the turn? Thanks.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero?

mr pink
03-10-2005, 01:45 AM
i'd bet the first one. you might be ahead right now, but your hand is vulnerable. it can't afford to give a free card against these guys, give them a chance to fold.

btw, i'd probably value bet the river if one of them hung around as well.

2nd one, i take the free card.

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1. Both villans seem LP-P, but I've only been at the table for an orbit and a half. I bet the flop because there's a chance I've got the best hand and hopefully I could increase my chance of winning. Do I bet the turn here?

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn, take a free showdown if they both call your turn bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2. The villans are the same two players. First, is the free card play on the flop standard? Second, do I fire again or take the free card when I spike the five on the turn? Thanks.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

What did they do last time? If you think you've got a decent amount of fold equity, drop a bet in. If they're calling down, you're better off checking through.

Btw, the flop raise was also a value raise, and it's standard.

mantasm
03-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Hand 1: There's no reason yet to assume that your hand is not best, so bet the turn.

Hand 2: The flop raise is for value and for the free card, I think it's standard. I'd bet the turn again and take a free showdown if you don't improve. There's a very small chance your hand is good, plus almost a third of the deck improves your hand to what is probably a winner. I think this one is closer than the first.

spacemonkey57
03-10-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What did they do last time? If you think you've got a decent amount of fold equity, drop a bet in. If they're calling down, you're better off checking through.

Btw, the flop raise was also a value raise, and it's standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time I bet the turn and they both called.

The flop raise is for value against two opponents because I'm only 1.9 to 1 against making at least a flush (not counting the backdoor straight draw or Ace) and I'm only putting in 1/3 of th money, right?

mr pink
03-10-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop raise is for value against two opponents because I'm only 1.9 to 1 against making at least a flush (not counting the backdoor straight draw or Ace) and I'm only putting in 1/3 of th money, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

you got it. but it also has the added benefit of occasionally taking a free card on the turn, if you so choose.

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time I bet the turn and they both called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a whole lot more inclined to check the second hand then.