PDA

View Full Version : Unimproved AK OOP

gaming_mouse
03-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Opponents were loose-passive, calling stations. Sometimes I'll bet the flop here, but I had no fold equity, so I felt I'd gain more info check/calling.

The turn c/call is what I don't like. I don't like betting out either. And I'm not crazy about c/folding, but I think that actually might be my preference.

Feel free to flay me for being weak-tight, just offer a better line. Also, please assume I have no fold equity on the flop or turn, as I'm confident that was the case.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (9.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

btspider
03-10-2005, 12:51 AM
turn seems like an easy fold once you discount your outs.

what was your plan on the river if you hit? bet-call?

chief444
03-10-2005, 12:54 AM
I think check/folding the turn is probably best. I think you have to at least discount your ace outs against 3 opponents of this description.

Argus
03-10-2005, 12:55 AM
If you have no folding equity then yes, check/calling is the only way to go. I doubt very much the nut high card is good in a field of 4 players. On the flop you're definitely getting odds to peel and on the turn you are too, as long as you are sure that all six of your outs are good. Despite the slight risk of being reverse dominated and getting no action on the river if you hit I think it's worth a call. My problem is not being sure whether checking or betting the river is best if you hit. I'd check/raise, but if an educated poster suggested otherwise I'd take their advice.

gaming_mouse
03-10-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think check/folding the turn is probably best. I think you have to at least discount your ace outs against 3 opponents of this description.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is what I thought.

Thanks chief.