PDA

View Full Version : party 50+5s, been running into a lot of limped AKs.....

KyleH186
03-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Just curious if this is just an anomaly or some strategy wideley used at these levels. They dont raise ak preflop, and then they check their ace or king on the flop. Is this standard for 50+5s? It has cost me quite a few chips when im in the blinds with weak aces, or when i have mid pair in late position.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-10-2005, 12:15 AM
i don't see this happen that often at all. i do run into plenty of AA/KK missed limp-reraises however postflop and i end up scratching my head and losing a good chunk of my stack.

assron
03-10-2005, 12:43 AM
yeah this happens a lot... they get drained when you hit two pair or a set on them though, as they think they've. I usually try not show much strength on the flop with a paired weak ace -- I want to make a read and get action from hands that I beat, not hands that beat me. AQ/AJ/AT are frequently limped hands in SNG's, so I think it's always safe to assume that your ace is beat until proven that it's a winner, instead of assuming that your ace will win until proven that it's beat. Or you could avoid this situation entirely.

pooh74
03-10-2005, 12:05 PM
so I think it's always safe to assume that your ace is beat until proven that it's a winner, instead of assuming that your ace will win until proven that it's beat. Or you could avoid this situation entirely.

This is very good advice! well said (by this I mean good advice for levels I-III)