PDA

View Full Version : Fred Durst Sues for $80M

Vince Young
03-09-2005, 11:13 PM
http://entertainment.msn.com/music/hotgossip5

Durst Sues over Sex Tape

And here we were wondering if we could sue Fred Durst for pain and suffering after we accidentally (we swear) caught a few frames from his leaked sex video. Alas, the Limp Bizkit frontman beat us to the legal punch by filing an $80 million copyright infringement and invasion of privacy lawsuit against the web sites that featured clips and stills from the tape, which showed him, to paraphrase one of his tunes, doing it all for the nookie with an ex-girlfriend.

"The video was never intended by either participant to be shown, marketed, sold or distributed to the public," reads the suit, which was posted by the good folks at the Smoking Gun. "No amount of monetary damages will be adequate to compensate [Durst] for the harm, humiliation, embarrassment and damage that he will endure ..."

Durst claims hackers broke into his computer, stole the video and posted it online in late February. According to his lawyer, the Secret Service is investigating whether the incident is connected to Paris Hilton's Sidekick hack, which resulted in the public airing of several schmoopy notes Durst sent to the air-headed heiress. A sample: "Is my love for you too much? I'm just grateful to have you as my girlfriend."

In other private-life-for-public-consumption news, Tim Burton is taking aim at ex-girlfriend Lisa Marie, who is reportedly selling off the physical reminders of their time together at auction next weekend.

"It recently came to my attention that a warehouse sale, claiming to include 'previously owned' items of mine, has been scheduled," the auteur said in a statement (via People). "Allegedly, these items include props, memorabilia and costumes from various films I have directed, as well as some drawings of mine that were private gifts -- never meant for public display or purchase."

According to Burton, he can't "vouch for the authenticity of these items" and adds that he's "completely against the selling of personal items in such a public way."

Still, the filmmaker's plea is unlikely to dissuade fans from snapping up the collectibles, which include mid-century modern furnishings, designer clothes and a ceramic kiln.

It remains to be seen whether Pee-Wee's beloved bike, various sets of scissorhands or the Handbook for the Recently Deceased from "Beetlejuice" will end up on the auction block.

Burton called it quits with Lisa Marie in 2001, shortly before he began dating his "Planet of the Apes" leading primate, er, lady Helena Bonham Carter, with whom he has a son.

Mobed
03-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Fred Durst, Wow he's still alive?

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 12:27 AM
the secret service is working on this? What, did the Bush twins give up drinking or something? Does the secret service suddenly have lots of free time on their hands?

Dead
03-10-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the secret service is working on this? What, did the Bush twins give up drinking or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao

Sponger15SB
03-10-2005, 12:47 AM
If he had a huge dong like Tommy Lee he wouldn't be suing.

Daliman
03-10-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the secret service is working on this? What, did the Bush twins give up drinking or something? Does the secret service suddenly have lots of free time on their hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the TSC we all know and love is back...

pshreck
03-10-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The secret service work on many other things outside of just physically protecting the president. Kind of a big misnomer that this is all they do.

InchoateHand
03-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Kind of a misapplication of "misnomer." Actually, just flat out wrong. But yeah, your post is right---Secret Service are in charge of many things and have been actively staking additional turf vis-a-vis computer crimes for some time now.

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The secret service work on many other things outside of just physically protecting the president. Kind of a big misnomer that this is all they do.

[/ QUOTE ]well call me lucy, I'll be damned.

soah
03-10-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be redundant, but protecting the president is not even their primary function. They are part of the Department of the Treasury, and were created to investigate counterfeit currency.

AncientPC
03-10-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Main Entry: mis·no·mer
Pronunciation: "mis-'nO-m&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English misnoumer, from Middle French mesnommer to misname, from mes- mis- + nommer to name, from Latin nominare -- more at NOMINATE
1 : the misnaming of a person in a legal instrument
2 a : a use of a wrong name b : a wrong name or designation
- mis·no·mered /-m&rd/ adjective

Dead
03-10-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Main Entry: mis·no·mer
Pronunciation: "mis-'nO-m&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English misnoumer, from Middle French mesnommer to misname, from mes- mis- + nommer to name, from Latin nominare -- more at NOMINATE
1 : the misnaming of a person in a legal instrument
2 a : a use of a wrong name b : a wrong name or designation
- mis·no·mered /-m&rd/ adjective

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the word he is looking for is misconception.

Kind of a big misconception that this is all they do...

mis·con·cep·tion Audio pronunciation of "misconception" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mskn-spshn)
n.

A mistaken thought, idea, or notion; a misunderstanding:

DMBFan23
03-10-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he had a huge dong like Tommy Lee he wouldn't be suing.

[/ QUOTE ]

frontrunner for post of the day.

Dead
03-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Durst has a small dick
If he was elephant hung
No litigation