PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Democratic World

lehighguy
03-09-2005, 09:27 PM
If 100% of elected officials were democrats, what would the country look like. Taxes, military, court system, everything. Try to keep your response based on the "party" rather then a specific factions ideals such as Dean, Clinton, whatever.

Your "perfect" world doesn't have to be based on political expediency, you can pass any law you want. HOWEVER, it must be based on what is factually possible. For instance, you can't have no taxes and universal welfare, because that's impossible. You can't have world peace without explaining how to achieve it and defend that stance. Etc. Etc.

zaxx19
03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Spain minus the fat german tourists.....and switch Mexicans for Moroccans..ya thats about right. Oh and dont try to get anything done after about 11:00AM and starting a company unless its a bar/restaurant-club isnt very advisable.

thatpfunk
03-09-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spain

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow how ironic, out of all countries I've been to, it has the happiest people.

Arriving back in New York after living in Spain I was shocked that I didn't realize how unhappy people are in the US before.

Dead
03-09-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spain minus the fat german tourists.....and switch Mexicans for Moroccans..ya thats about right. Oh and dont try to get anything done after about 11:00AM and starting a company unless its a bar/restaurant-club isnt very advisable.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not a Democrat.

ThePokerAddict
03-10-2005, 01:35 AM
A perfect Democratic world would be a 50% payroll tax, a 30% income tax, and a 11% unemployment rate.

OH wait, that's most of Europe. Well, pretty similar to the Democrats that control the party now if you ask me.

zaxx19
03-10-2005, 03:08 AM
that punk I absolutely agree that most southern europeans are happier than Americans....

Of course I dont chalk that up to the Govt nor do I think the govt job is to make everyone happy..

jcx
03-10-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spain

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow how ironic, out of all countries I've been to, it has the happiest people.

Arriving back in New York after living in Spain I was shocked that I didn't realize how unhappy people are in the US before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Democrats outnumber the GOP by about 10-1 in NYC. Not a great example for purposes of this thread. Also hardly a sufficient sampling of the country to determine if Americans are happy or not.

thatpfunk
03-10-2005, 03:25 AM
Sorry I didnt know that I had to continue with, as indicated by the following DRIVE ACROSS COUNTRY... seriously.

thatpfunk
03-10-2005, 03:25 AM
waxx,
please learn to read. thanks.

zaxx19
03-10-2005, 03:27 AM
When they run out of arguements....they get personal.

Id be frustrated too...

thatpfunk
03-10-2005, 03:30 AM
No, seriously.

There was no argument, I agree (more or less) with your post.

zaxx19
03-10-2005, 03:35 AM
I would also add I enjoy life in Canada (I went to universit there) more than I do in the US....

So what. I happen not to believe making me a "happy" person
is within the proper scope of what goverment is supposed to do....

Perhaps that is where we disagree. You think alot of the nations problems are Politically rooted while I believe they are socially-societally rooted...

thatpfunk
03-10-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that punk

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to this only...

I agree that the government does little to change my "happiness" although I would probably feel differently were I to live in Sudan, etc.

zaxx19
03-10-2005, 03:49 AM
No, bc in the Sudan the govt denies people their INHERENT RIGHTS of security and property...

That is well within the job of the Govt IMHO.

Now if the Sudanese were depressed bc Sudanese TV shows were about getting radical plastic surgery for 15 yr olds to enhance their prospects of becoming the next Ashley Simpson

Or

Sudanese children were shooting up steroids so they could make millions in the Major Leagues

Then I really couldnt blame the govt..

thatpfunk
03-10-2005, 04:39 AM
What in the world are you talking about?

Dead
03-10-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What in the world are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the first mistake you made: trying to figure Zaxx out.

the alex
03-10-2005, 11:02 AM
What interested me in this thread was what I thought to be the oppurtunity to see Dead's ideals in practice.

Boy, am I disappointed.

thatpfunk
03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
You will be dissapointed by nearly every thread in this forum... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dead
03-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Lmao. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif