PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 live hand against Tilter

Your Mom
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
10/20 live 8 handed. Main opponent (MO) in this one knows how to play decent but is on semi-tilt right now. He's down a couple of racks so far. He was on full tilt, but has sucked out against me in a couple of big pots (runner runner flush with 42s against my top 2 pair and calling multiple raises with KTo to catch a K on the river to beat my QQ) so he isn't playing as bad as before. Guy on my left (GOML) is a really loose player who is terrible. He'll play any 2 suited for any # of bets (you know the type) and is a complete calling station fish postflop. On to the hand.

Mo calls, I raise with AKo, GOML calls, everyone else folds.

Flop comes QTx, two diamonds. MO checks, I bet, GOML calls, MO checkraises, we both call.

Turn in a non diamond blank. MO bets, I raise.

Gut?

Your Mom
03-10-2005, 12:39 AM
bump. Is this hand really that boring?

TStoneMBD
03-10-2005, 01:53 AM
first, please stick to "villain" and not MO. its confusing.

id just call the turn. you dont want to be 3bet since you have outs. its not like you are clearly up your outs by getting GOML to fold. there really isnt that much of a reason to get him out of the pot, except for the few times where your hand is actually good at this point, and GOML plans on folding a pair. however, guys who are willing to call raises with any suited cards are likely not going anywhere. therefore i deem raising the turn fps.

onegymrat
03-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Hi Mom,

If your intention was to fold MO, then well done, he laid down his middle pair. If your intention was to chase out GOML, 3-betting the flop would have been cheaper. Mostly likely though, MO flopped two pair with QT or the diamond draw, in which case, he's calling your ace-high. I think you burned an extra bet that you didn't need to.

Your Mom
03-11-2005, 12:14 AM
GOML folded the turn. MO or villian as I should call him called the turn. The river came a purple rag. It went check, check. Villian showed A3 of diamonds. MHIG.