PDA

View Full Version : Be more precise and rename this forum isolationist or US politics

smudgex68
03-09-2005, 08:08 PM
n/m

Dynasty
03-09-2005, 08:46 PM
An example of a poker nit taking his nitiness to other parts of his life.

smudgex68
03-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Dynasty, that's rather nitpicky. Also, a further reason to support my petition for more interesting topics to read whilst murdering tables.

bholdr
03-09-2005, 09:27 PM
so post some intresting topics, then! duh.

smudgex68
03-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Like, how should I play JJ in EP, get a life

Dead
03-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Don't be an ass.

bholdr
03-09-2005, 10:26 PM
too late. dead; yer kinda new (i am too in the scheme of things) but you should know that we losers trolling the politics forum like this about once a month.

they usually start with things like:
"do you guys even play poker? nobody here knows a damn thing about politics! I hate this forum"

and after a few flames they go away,
repeat next month.
<sigh>

Zeno
03-09-2005, 11:56 PM
We who detest from the depths of our soul all Christianity, from Jesus’ to Marx’s, look with extraordinary sympathy upon this ‘resurgence’ of modern life in the pagan cult of force and daring.

-Benito Mussolini, from a speech in Milan, 1919.

Fascism now throws the noxious theories of liberalism upon the rubbish heap….. The truth, apparent to everyone whose eyes are not blinded by dogmatism, is that men are perhaps weary of liberty. They have had surfeit of it. Liberty is no longer the virgin, chaste and severe, fought for by the generation of the first half of the last century.

Know then, once for all, that Fascism recognizes no idols, worships no fetishes. It has already passed over the more or less decayed body of the Goddess of Liberty, and is quite prepared, if necessary, to do so once more.

-Benito Mussolini, from a contribution to Gerarchia, 1923

Not by speeches and majority decisions will the greatest problems of the time be decided – that the mistake of 1848 – but by Blood and Iron.

-Otto Von Bismarck, September 30, 1862.

Boldness, more boldness, and always boldness, and France is saved.

-Georges Jacques Danton, from an address, September 1792 [Danton was a French Revolutionary Leader, he was guillotined in 1794].

Comments welcome on the above past political statements from Western European thought.

-Zeno

smudgex68
03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Boldness, more boldness, and always boldness, and France is saved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly when was the last time France saved itself.

Zeno
03-12-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly when was the last time France saved itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

When She butchered up tens of thousands of Protestants?

-Zeno

Cyrus
03-13-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly when was the last time France saved itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, only hundreds of times in its History.

(And that was when France was defending itself -- and not when it was busy making other countries save themselves.)