PDA

View Full Version : AJo in the big blind

KDawgCometh
03-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm gonna come out and say it now, I played this one bad. This was a frustration hand from a session where nothing seemed to go right. The utg PF riaser played with no rhyme or reason to position or kickers either. should I have just dumped it PF, called, or was I correct to threebet(probably not). did I play this correctly each street on. Have at me as I need to know this for the future for when I have thses frustrating sessions and hands like these come up

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Aaron W.
03-09-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The utg PF riaser played with no rhyme or reason to position or kickers either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't quite know what you mean by this. Was it maniacal betting (meaning betting *EVERYTHING*, like 9-high, a single overcard...) or was it just hyperagression (betting raising *SOMETHINGS* like top pair, a draw...)? The reason I ask is because the "or kickers" seems to indicate that he has been pushing moderate hands very hard, but not that he's been pushing garbage hard.

I think you played it fine. Once you get to the flop, there's no way you should be folding it heads up against an agressive player.

As to whether you should have even seen the flop, it really depends on the read. What sorts of hands has he raised preflop? If he's a maniac, you did the right thing. If his raise indicates at least a *SOMETHING*, then you may want to just call and take a flop. Folding isn't too bad of an option, again depending on the read.

LoaferGee12
03-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Fold preflop. I would only 3-bet here verse a maniac which did not describe this guy.

zuluking
03-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey KDawg,

I might just fold this one preflop and live to fight another day. But you didn't and I would have 3-bet the flop, and if he caps, then check/call all the way.

Shillx
03-09-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey KDawg,

I might just fold this one preflop and live to fight another day. But you didn't and I would have 3-bet the flop, and if he caps, then check/call all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is dangerous thinking. Putting in a 3rd bet on the flop is suicide imo. I hate the flop bet to begin with, let alone making it 3-bets.

Brad

jaxUp
03-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Hey, is this a time we could use the check, check, bet line? I'm still trying to get a hold of that one.

ArturiusX
03-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Id probably fold preflop, unless I had position. Position would make this hand infinitely easier to play.

LoaferGee12
03-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't mind check/call flop check/fold turn UI. In this case we improved to the draw so I'm C/C turn and C/F river.

@bsolute_luck
03-09-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Id probably fold preflop, unless I had position. Position would make this hand infinitely easier to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean? he was heads up when it came to him? i think i would have just called. why isn't this a hand to play headsup with?

Edit: really i know i'm not a great poker player, but what is really wrong with the way this hand was played? it's HU and he has possible TPTK with a backdoor flush. i probably wouldn't bet seeing as AA-JJ have you beat. then 4th street puts you in a good position for the flush. seems fine to me, but i'm easily confused /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

deepsquat
03-10-2005, 02:09 AM
hi,

is calling cold with AJo bad poker. Is it still bad if others have called already? without any reads.

thanks