PDA

View Full Version : How to extract the most when flopping set on harmless board?

spiff21
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Im not very good at playing strong hands out of position relative to the bettor. How would you play this hand to extract as many bets as possible?

SB - decent player, I respect his raises. Capable of folding mediocre holdings if turn raised.
MP2 - unknown
CO - gambler. raises some weird pockets. bets anything on flop if checked to. draws cards without potodds. raises when he hits something though - very predictable.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Here is maybe where I shouldve done someting different.
Lead bet into raiser with intention to 3-bet?
OR
Since I checked I should 3-bet once SB C/R?
I didnt do any of these because I was afraid the others wouldve folded facing 2 bets cold on a flop like this.

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Raise here? I didnt fully understand what the others had or could be drawing to. My guess was that MP2 had a king or an ace. CO could have about anyting, even something like 99.

River: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

A good idea to just call here to get as many overcallers as possible?

Final Pot: 18 BB

JoshuaD
03-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I like a lead out on the flop.

ElSapo
03-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Which part of the board looked harmless to you? The part without the flush draw or the part with two gutshots?

Bet, let the wack job raise so that SB can get in his checkraise. Or just bet.

Not really a harmless board, in my opinion.

JoshuaD
03-09-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really a harmless board, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not K72, but that's a pretty harmless board.

applej25
03-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Betting out on the flop is definitely best, but if you don't do that, you definitely should raise the turn. Who cares if you lose a few players. You want to make the draws pay a premium to see the river and you know that guy with the Ace aint folding.