PDA

View Full Version : I'm terrible w/ these river value bets

teddyFBI
03-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Hero is MP3 w/ QQ

folds, MP1 calls, Hero raises, folds to BB who calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: T 8 6 rainbow

Check, Check, hero bets, call, call

Turn: 3 completing rainbow

River: K

Check, Check, Hero checks behind.

I've got to think it's right to bet on riv here? Yes? Why?

antifish225
03-09-2005, 07:24 PM
I think you have to value bet this river.....why? - you are likley to pick up 1-3 BB's on the river from hands that you can beat - if someone was calling with naked overcards so be it, most of the time you are still leading (if it was an A that hit the board I might be tempted to check fearing Aces up from some one playing Ax suited) - jmho

Brainwalter
03-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Why would a K scare you? You must value bet this IMO, you will get calls from worse hands. This check behind is pretty bad if you ask me.

sthief09
03-09-2005, 08:30 PM
routinely missing bets like this will cost you lots. why do you have to bet? because there's no reason to think they have a K. pocket pairs, 8's, and T's are much more likely

URMeowed
03-09-2005, 08:37 PM
If you are at Party 15, this is a value bet everytime. For one, you will get called by a lot of hands that you can beat. Two, you might get check raise bluffed and get two bets.

Only against the tougher players do you check behind. They will correctly read you for a king or any other hand that beats a T. Even then, you would value bet QQ here a good percentage of the time. But what do I know, I'm just a cat.

Meow.

Stormwolf
03-09-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is MP3 w/ QQ

folds, MP1 calls, Hero raises, folds to BB who calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: T 8 6 rainbow

Turn: 3 completing rainbow

River: K

Check, Check, Hero checks behind.

I've got to think it's right to bet on riv here? Yes? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

they dont have AK given the PF and postflop action and you have no reason to believe they are bad enough to be calling with king high especially three handed, if anything you should be afraid of an ace, even then betting is still alright since they may not even raise you and will call with middle pairs/pps