PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom 5-player SNGs - ROI?

Burdzthewurd
03-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Wondering how a lot of people are doing with these, I've found them extremely easy to dominate, and good practice for short-handed play, although the payouts make it worthless unless you win

I've cashed in all 10 I've played so far, but 8 were 2nds (1/2 the time I had the chiplead in those 2nds), although I feel I'm getting fairly unlucky many times, still have to work on heads-up. Anywho, ROI figures, approximate?

EdgePort
03-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Although I play them mostly for fun and to practice some shorthanded play, I would say I am getting around 27% ROI right now. This is over about 100 of them.. so yes not to stastically relevant.

EarlCat
03-09-2005, 07:44 PM
I play the 6-handed on UB sometimes. They're fun and have much more action, but ROI is much better on 10-handed. Getting into the top 6 with an average stack isn't that difficult anyway and from there you've got more positions that pay more money.

Dominic
03-09-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play the 6-handed on UB sometimes. They're fun and have much more action, but ROI is much better on 10-handed. Getting into the top 6 with an average stack isn't that difficult anyway and from there you've got more positions that pay more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree...I'm making my living these days playing the 6-handed UB SNGs...50s, 100s, and 200s....my ITM is at 45% and my ROI is at 23% and I'm clearing 2 grand a week, on average....this is after four months of steady play....over 2500 SNGs...

the 10 handeds at UB take too long...I can 3 or 4-table and start a new 6-handed every fifteen minutes or so....it's great for my hourly rate.

so I'm going to check out Pokerroom...

Burdzthewurd
03-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Unfortunately, they only have $10 5-player SNGs on PR at the moment

EarlCat
03-10-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree...I'm making my living these days playing the 6-handed UB SNGs...50s, 100s, and 200s....my ITM is at 45% and my ROI is at 23% and I'm clearing 2 grand a week, on average....this is after four months of steady play....over 2500 SNGs...

the 10 handeds at UB take too long...I can 3 or 4-table and start a new 6-handed every fifteen minutes or so....it's great for my hourly rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right as far as $/hr. We're existing in very different worlds though. I'm not trying to make my living at SNG's. I guess when I play I try to maximize my ROI, not my hourly rate.

EdgePort
03-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Just a suggestion for anyone who likes these to send a message to Pokerroom to ask them to have them at higher buy-ins. If enough people ask, they will do it.