PDA

View Full Version : Most common tells

Jinx230
03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I there is a whole school on tells, but what are the most common and most reliable ones that you will witness in a poker game?

EStreet20
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Since I play online, my ability to pick up tells may not be as sharp as some but one that I always notice at the low limit (2-4/3-6) games in Atlantic City is the shaky (nervous) hand=big hand tell. It seems that most of these inexperienced players get really shaky when they bet/raise with a strong hand. However there are some exceptions where people get the shakes when they're bluffing, but you'll find most people try to act so confident when they bluff that they avoid this behavior.
Good luck,
Matt

Dov
03-09-2005, 08:49 PM
The most reliable tells that I know of are when players are well known and respected in the card room, and they know how to do numerous chip tricks.

They may not be winning players, but they are more likely to be than someone without these skills/friends, especially if their friends are in high limit games.

gila
03-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Tells/Pictures

http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/worldpoker/tells/tells_07.html

cyorg
03-09-2005, 09:27 PM
When i see someone dancing and jumping around at the poker table, usually they have a really good hand.

jojobinks
03-09-2005, 09:37 PM
strong=weak is the one i use most often.

ZeeJustin
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
If your opponent eats his Oreos, he always has a monster hand.

GrandmaStabone
03-09-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

M50Paul
03-09-2005, 11:41 PM
If he eats your Oreo cookie he has a week hand. Any one with a strong hand would avoid the confronation

Ianco15
03-10-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if he brings the Oreo up to his ear. If he keeps the Oreo in front of him, his hand is weak.

Hardmix
03-10-2005, 12:32 AM
1. dont look at your cards before its your turn, watch players...if they look at their cards and then the chips they are going to bet. If they look at the flop they missed.

2. Do they placildy toss or slide the chips in or forcibly. Agressive = weak placid =strong.

3. beware of the "cocked wrist" signaling a fold they could be waiting to bet into you.

4.Players taking a quick glance at cards and talking anitmatedly to neighbors....good hand.

5.If someone raise and you have a good eye put them in the "box" that is stare them down hard (long time), look for rapid breathing and pumping jugular.

These are just a few I watch for.

Mike Gallo
03-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Sometimes when someone asks.. "how much to me" in a sneaky kind of voice, the player has a big hand.

Once poster Mikey and I played in a $4-$8 game and a player asked, "how much to me"..in the manner that means monster.
I did not recognize it until after Mikey brought it to my attention later at dinner.

Mike Gallo
03-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Very observant player. Beware of this man.