PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Quads, how badly did i mess this one up?

BluffBlank
03-09-2005, 06:37 PM
I was playing some 3/6 in a B&M last night and the following hand came up, any thoughts?

Hero is in CO with TJo

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, 1 fold, hero limps, Button folds, Small blind calls, Big Blind checks.

Flop: T T T

SB bets, all call, Hero calls (is a raise here automatic?, I wanted to give one of the limpers a chance to fill up)

Turn: A

SB checks, BB checks, EP1 Checks, EP2 Checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks

I dont get all the checks here. The table, for the most part has been very undeceptive, so I expected an Ace to bet out if it was out there. SB is a fairly good solid player, who I'm sure is afraid of the ace. So at this point I'm still waiting for someone to fill up.

River: 6

All check to me, Hero bets, all fold.

Was there any way to extract some more money on this hand? Perhaps raising the flop would have built a big enough pot to entice calls later. Or did I just get unlucky that no one was holding an Ace?

-Bluff

meep_42
03-09-2005, 06:40 PM
On a board like that, it's more likely they're going to call another bet on the flop than anything else -- and someone might chase to the river (but not on an A, probably)

Just raise the flop and get the extra $3 from everyone, no one is folding there and anyone with an A is going to call or raise you when that falls.

-d

jayrutz2
03-09-2005, 06:47 PM
easy flop raise, all will likely call. Then you also look like you might be stealing on turn when you bet. Easy turn bet, they may all fold, but maybe not.

bakku
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
I was almost hoping you checked the river.

JoshuaD
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Raise the flop. No one's folding, so you're gonna pick up 3BB's right there.

Bet the turn.

mantasm
03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah, raise the flop. THey're obviously going to call one more bet here so you collect all those. Then on the turn the pot is bigger so they're more likely to call a turn bet and then call the river if they pair a hole card. So raising the flop makes you more money immediately and gets you more calls on later streets.

You need to at least bet the turn. A few people might still call and try to fill up, but if they don't they're not calling on the river. This is the last good chance you have to make money off of them, if that makes sense.

mantasm
03-09-2005, 06:55 PM
They were just going to fold anyway.

tetonpete
03-09-2005, 06:57 PM
pretty badly...if you do this once or twice a session it's a big leak

draw2aflush
03-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Well I do not think you are ever going to raise J10 off suit in hopes to build a pot.It's a great hand to get in cheap with so many people in.I think you were a little unlucky no one had an ace.I think you should have bet the turn in hopes you will get check-raised.Flopping quads does not usually make that make much.

BluffBlank
03-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the replies, I knew as soon as the hand was over that I had messed it up. Though as a flimsy excuse and as a last ditch effort to save some face, it was 4am and i was pretty tired. Probably should have gotten up and walked out after this hand, as I wasn't playing my best poker.

Thanks again!

Shillx
03-09-2005, 07:16 PM
You could check/fold the flop everytime you flop quads and you would never know when you look at the bottom like 10 years from now.

As a sidenote, you probably should have folded on the flop here. That turn check is just awful if you play this game to show a profit.

Brad

crunchy1
03-09-2005, 07:48 PM
7 others players in the pot and not one has an A, 6 or PP than will at least call one bet on the river??? That just seems really, really odd to me.

I'm left wondering if you had some kind of big tell that caused everyone folded on the end.

BluffBlank
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
I had been getting bad cards all night, so that may have contributed to a tight image. The SB is actually a friend of mine that mucked 55 cause he knew I'd never bet there without the A, T, or higher PP. I'm very very certain that at least most of these people were not even looking for tells though, some very bad 3/6 players.