PDA

View Full Version : Seeing monsters on this hand?

Bizot
03-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Villian has like 10 hand with me 20% VPIP 12% PFR 9 AF again doesn't mean much I havn't seen anything on him really.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Maybe a bit of a oloose call here?

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I bet out here to see if he had the A going on here stupid idea or not to bad?

Turn: (7.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Ah ha! Money card, but he keeps raising me... here is where i start to see AA perhaps or over playing top pair due to being mad at board pairing?

River: (19.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Fold this or crying call? Big pot so i just check/called

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

davelin
03-09-2005, 06:31 PM
I'd fold pre-flop. Don't really like the flop bet.

Edit - mispell

Bizot
03-09-2005, 06:38 PM
you would check fold flop, check raise, check call?

Firefly
03-09-2005, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't call preflop and I would check the flop and call if i'm getting the right odds, because there is 8.5 SB in the pot, you are probally going to get the odds.
You must cap the turn with UTG coming along. I like the turn and river, and i hope he shows a vastly overplayed Ak, but it could easily be AT.

TripleH68
03-09-2005, 06:47 PM
I chuck it preflop.

Since you played I don't like betting out on the flop. Once raised you still don't know if you are behind, though it seems likely.

Given your action on the flop the turn looks okay to me, UTG looks to be sucking along on a draw.

Of course you call the river.

jaxUp
03-09-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call preflop and I would check the flop and call if i'm getting the right odds, because there is 8.5 SB in the pot, you are probally going to get the odds.
You must cap the turn with UTG coming along. I like the turn and river, and i hope he shows a vastly overplayed Ak, but it could easily be AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis, but Laurier blows. UW all the way!!

Bizot
03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
nah he didn't have the A

Dead
03-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Bet-call the river.

dburk2
03-09-2005, 07:01 PM
he had 55

Bizot
03-09-2005, 07:02 PM
yup

i was a bit unhappy but oh well

Shillx
03-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Your flop bet has a good intention imo, but this isn't the best time for it. Let's say that it was UTG who raised preflop and CO/Button coldcalled. Now leading out would be much more favorable because you put the screws to UTG if he doesn't have an ace. In this case (when he closes the action) he will likely call with all kinds of hands that you would rather see him fold. As a side note, it is probably best to use this play on a rainbow flop when you have a backdoor draw. Since you will be calling a bet, it is probably best to bet and see if you can pick up the pot.

Turn bet (with the intention of 3-betting) is awesome in this hand given what took place on the flop.

Beting the river is probably dominated by check/calling in this spot. Notice that if you bet, he will likely just call you with a hand like A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Should he have AA or AT or something like that, he will raise you and you are in a win one bet/lose two bets situation. By checking to him, he will bet all of these hands and you are in a win one/lose one spot.

Brad

Bizot
03-09-2005, 07:17 PM
ya i hear you on the flop play thanks for seeing what i was trying to do there and explaining how it should be done and where /images/graemlins/smile.gif This was the story of my day basically i was getting our setted and all kinds of stuff the entire time i was just frustrated to the point of check calling unless it was a T on the river.

My new poker saying: And this to shall pass.