PDA

View Full Version : BATHROOM ETIQUETTE - THE GOLDEN RULE BROKEN

Wakko
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Okay guys... are any of you guilty of this?

I'm sitting at the end stall (as per proper bathroom protocol), and some numb-nuts walks in, sees a whole row of empty stalls, and picks...

...THE ONE RIGHT NEXT TO ME TO DROP HIS DEUCE.

What the hell! If this happens again I'm gonna start busting heads. It creeps me out when another guy voluntarily puts his bare ass that close to mine. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

beerbandit
03-09-2005, 05:49 PM
maybe the others had no tp

RainFall
03-09-2005, 05:49 PM
What do you expect at the gay bars?

B Dids
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
I would move the tp before I sat next to a guy.

kipin
I am anticipating a detailed trip report.

istewart
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

beerbandit
03-09-2005, 05:51 PM
what if they only have the giantass rolls?

jakethebake
03-09-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/OOTtub.jpg

jakethebake
03-09-2005, 05:52 PM
This bothers me more when it's at a urinal.

Wakko
03-09-2005, 05:52 PM
But he didn't check that, he just walked in and I guess wanted to be close to someone, to share in the experience. The paper in the office toilets is restocked every morning anf afternoon anyway.

So, I reiterate: WTF.

beerbandit
03-09-2005, 05:54 PM
maybe he had use that same stall before and there was a good joke written on the wall

jakethebake
03-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Where did this take place anyway? Maybe it was his "lucky" stall.

Wakko
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Common courtesy!

chaas4747
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Could be worse, you could have to watch some dude spank it 8 times in 18 hours.

Wakko
03-09-2005, 06:01 PM
At least I'd be able to leave the room if I wanted to. Unless he did it in the stall next to me.

TimM
03-09-2005, 06:03 PM
I don't even like when someone sits near me in an empty train or fast food joint. (unless she's hot)

FishBurger
03-09-2005, 06:19 PM
A guy I work with takes an "out of order" sign with him to the bathroom and tapes it to the adjacent stall. Might be worth considering.

chaas4747
03-09-2005, 06:21 PM
The other thing that pisses me off, and it might just be my [censored] up work, is when someone takes their cell in the stall with them and has a conversation with people. It just makes it hard to concentrate on what I am doing. Anyone else have this happen?

radek2166
03-09-2005, 06:22 PM
I am at the Palms the other night. Guys in the stall ( this is going to loose alot by me talling it here).

I happen to walk in with a security guard. Big mofo about 6'4" 270 or so.

As we walk into the restroom. We hear some guy going about his business. Grunting groaning straining away. Sounds like he is giving birth in the stall. Dude looks at me says I wonder if I should call the medics.

I tell him he should kick the door in and make sure the guy is OK. The bathroom attendent looks at us and says hes been in there for 10 minutes makeing the same noises.

Thebram
03-09-2005, 06:25 PM
The cell phone is bad, but I once had a guy in a stall next to me eating what sounded like potato chips. I still get the heeby geebies(sp?) thinking about it.

In all fairness, maybe the Olestra anal leakage problem really gets to him quickly.

asofel
03-09-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could be worse, you could have to watch some dude spank it 8 times in 18 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

i sense the birth of a new cliche.

Soul Daddy
03-09-2005, 06:29 PM
This happens occasionally to me at work and it infuriates me every time. If I could trust that he will also implement the courtesy flush into his game, it probably wouldn't bother me much at all. But no one ever does...

Wakko
03-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah, it's like being front row center at a Backstreet concert. I don't need to hear that crap.

Wakko
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Genius can often be found within simplicity. Thank you for this excellent suggestion.

Wakko
03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
I have only had this happen to me once. I pretended I wasn't there. I also took a call from work in the bathroom (again only once.) Thankfully the rest of the bathroom was unoccupied.

Also, people who brush their teeth at work give me the creeps.

Mars357
03-09-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The cell phone is bad, but I once had a guy in a stall next to me eating what sounded like potato chips. I still get the heeby geebies(sp?) thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I walked into a bathroom back when I worked in a grocery store and dude in the next stall had a plate sitting on the floor that had a bunch of potato wedges and a burrito sitting on it. I sat down, started to [censored] (plate was still in my view as it was sort of half pushed into my stall). Dude reaches down, picks up the burrito and takes a bite... puts it down...takes a couple of wedges...

I was so amazed I just sat there and watched...he finished the meal before wipeing his ass and leaving... I still have a hard time eating a deep fried bean burrito to this day...

The cell phone thing pisses me off too...I always try to be extra loud and gross when that happens to me.

Mars

Shillx
03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I thought the golden rule was that you aren't allowed to talk to anyone unless you are on the same "level". So if you are taking a leak you can't talk to someone washing their hands....

Brad

Rick Diesel
03-09-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the year nominee!

Soul Daddy
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the golden rule was that you aren't allowed to talk to anyone unless you are on the same "level". So if you are taking a leak you can't talk to someone washing their hands....

[/ QUOTE ]
That's hilarious. I've never thought about it.
You must be right though, as I'm not sure this ever happens, while people deuce next to me regularly.

deacsoft
03-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Some of the posts in this thread are so damn funny I won't even bother to quote them. You know which ones they are. I'm nearly in tears right now. Thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

vetman81
03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
You mean you guys dont do this? (http://www.kstatecollegian.com/article.php?a=5278)

BruinEric
03-09-2005, 11:30 PM
That is not even close to a high-level violation of the core principles of public men's bathroom etiquette.

I could see how this would happen by a guy just walking in and going to his "regular" stall. I don't exactly do a "stall occupancy survey" when I walk in for a "sit down" visit.

The more important rules of the bathroom are:
1) No greeting or starting a conversation with a stranger while at the urinal.
2) No picking adjacent urinal when there's another option.
3) For unseparated trough-peeing situations, stare at the wall with a slight tilt upwards.
4) No...zero...nada eye contact with another person while peeing
5) No touching another person while he's peeing (pat on the back..."hey buddy!")
6) No looking at...you know.
7) Wash your MFing hands!

thatpfunk
03-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Your in a stall, who cares? Get on with your business and get out, there are lots of reasons someone may be using it.

The rule only applies to urinals, then its weird.

StevieG
03-09-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As we walk into the restroom. We hear some guy going about his business. Grunting groaning straining away. Sounds like he is giving birth in the stall. Dude looks at me says I wonder if I should call the medics.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a local joint once and some drunk ass clown comes in, barely has his eyes open, can't stand without weaving. He asks for a beer, but the bartender (Ally, a buddy) tells him he's already had enough. Guy asks if he could at least use the rest room.

Ally knows it's trouble, but he felt charitable, who the hell knows, and tells him where it is.

A few minutes later we hear a moan like you can't believe. Not wretching, or I'm sure Ally would have leaped over the bar, but not real normal.

Five minutes later, same thing.

Ally looks at me, I look at him, and just as we're about to say something, we hear him again, this time worse.

So we run over to the head, go through the door, find the drunk.

"What the hell are you doing?" Ally asks.

"Takin' a sh1t. But every time I flush the damn toilet, my ass hurts!"

"That's because you're on the mop bucket, you dumb 5hit."

Oldie, but still one of my favorite jokes.

Reef
03-09-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Wakko
03-10-2005, 03:34 PM
All of these seem to involve urination, which is quick and simple. The real test of a man's restroom cooperative skills, in my opinion, begins with solid waste.

gamblore99
03-10-2005, 03:55 PM
This wouldn't both me in the slightest. There could be any number of reasons why he sat next to you. COuld be the cleanest, could be his regular, could be he likes the writing on the wall. Now if was the urinal next to you, that's an issue.

2planka
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Find out who it was.

Next time you know he's in his lucky stall with the good jokes written on it, finish up before him and turn the light out on your way.