PDA

View Full Version : Brief Preflop Questions

istewart
03-09-2005, 05:42 PM
1) You're on the button with KQs, game is 10-handed and has been loose so far, often seeing 5/6-handed flops for a few bets. UTG raises, UTG+1 3-bets, UTG+2 and the CO cold-call and the rest fold. UTG has been average and UTG+1 is just about a full-blown maniac. Your move?

2) Same as above with AJs.

3) Same situation and opponents as above, except UTG+2, MP1, MP2, MP3, and the CO all cold-call. You have ATs. Your move?

4) Same as #3 with JTs.

5) MP1 with KTs. UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, and UTG+2 raises. UTG is loose-passive, and UTG+2 is average. The table has been fairly loose so far, but not aggro.

6) You're in the BB with TT. UTG thru MP2 fold. MP3 raises, CO 3-bets, button caps. All are unknown.

7) Same as #6 with JJ.

8) Same as #6 with AQs.

DMBFan23
03-09-2005, 06:06 PM
all my assumptions assume

[ QUOTE ]
game is 10-handed and has been loose so far, often seeing 5/6-handed flops for a few bets

[/ QUOTE ]

so I'm thinking more like a loose aggressive B&M 2/4 game as opposed to Party .5/1 which IMO doesn't fit this description.

1) You're on the button with KQs, game is 10-handed and has been loose so far, often seeing 5/6-handed flops for a few bets. UTG raises, UTG+1 3-bets, UTG+2 and the CO cold-call and the rest fold. UTG has been average and UTG+1 is just about a full-blown maniac. Your move?

without reads on UTG+2 or CO I think you can cap this

2) Same as above with AJs.

same as above with AJs. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

3) Same situation and opponents as above, except UTG+2, MP1, MP2, MP3, and the CO all cold-call. You have ATs. Your move?

call

4) Same as #3 with JTs.

call

5) MP1 with KTs. UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, and UTG+2 raises. UTG is loose-passive, and UTG+2 is average. The table has been fairly loose so far, but not aggro.

fold

6) You're in the BB with TT. UTG thru MP2 fold. MP3 raises, CO 3-bets, button caps. All are unknown.

fold. it's kind of close, but everyone needs a cutoff. are most pots going to 3-4 bets or just 2? if most pots are NOT capped, then I am folding this easy.

7) Same as #6 with JJ.

calling and folding both suck for different reasons. I probably call though. possibly apply disclaimer from #6.

8) Same as #6 with AQs.

fold. I want more players and position. just IMO.