PDA

View Full Version : Need some evaluation - AA on button

FreakDaddy
03-09-2005, 04:51 PM
A recent downswing in your bankroll will make you question everything. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Here's two recent hands I need some feedback on.

9 handed $1/2

Hero is on button with A /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG Calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop : 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/heart.gif,10 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Everyone checks to me, I bet. SB calls, BB calls, UTG Folds, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 calls, Hero 3-bets, Everyone calls (27 SB)

Turn : Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Everyone checks to me and I bet, SB calls, BB calss, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds (18BB)

River : 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Everyone checks to me, I bet, SB calls, BB raises, I calls, SB folds.

Comments appreciated!

Second hand 1/2 (9 handed)
Hero is BB with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, fold, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, LP poster checks, CO calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop : 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/club.gif,8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, MP2 calls, LP calls, CO folds, SB calls, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, LP calls, SB folds

What a pretty board huh? So upon reflection I'm asking myself about the check raise. Obviously it's a very coordinated board so who am I thinking I'm going to force out by this check-raise? Plus there are only two people behind me having to face two bets cold. The only cards I'm forcing out are broadway overcards and possible bottom pair. Everyone else is going to call and there's a high possibility I'm up against a made flush, striahgt or even straight flush! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Of course the thought of another 7 or 9 comming would be great for me, but other than that I'm up against a big field with a fairly weak two pair. What do you think?

Turn : K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, LP Raises, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

So what do we do here? Bad turn lead? Bad call. I have no read on LP and he just entered and posted. So I feel a bit married to the hand.

Zoelef
03-09-2005, 04:58 PM
*Novice Attack!*

Hand 1: UTG+1 c/r flop and slowed down afterwards, smells like a failed flush draw. I really like the three-bet here.

I play this the same, especially since the BB woke up on the river. He might have K6, but it happens.

Hand 2: I'm looking to check/fold because the board is coordinated, and not for you.

Edit: You only have 4 outs + runner eights to a boat. I'm not putting anyone on a straight flush.

djr
03-09-2005, 05:09 PM
hand 1, you played it fine

hand 2, bet out the flop (stand a better chance of getting people to fold than with a checkraise). Turn, you're looking at 4 outs, with 3 opponents on a scary board. Even if they don't already have you beat, they're drawing to more outs than you. Check/call (if it's two bets to you, fold).

StevieG
03-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Yes, there are only four outs, but should one really give credit for a made hand here on the flop?

gvibes
03-09-2005, 05:16 PM
I play hand 1 the same, including calling down at the end. I agree that UTG+1 c/r was almost certainly a flush draw. It's really odd that BB came alive on the river. K6, or (heaven forfend) 66?

On hand 2, I just bet out and 3-bet. If capped, I don't know. If noone caps, I lead the turn.

As you played it, you have to call the turn raise, as you have odds to boat up (you're getting ~12:1). I don't know what I'd do on the river.

gvibes
03-09-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, there are only four outs, but should one really give credit for a made hand here on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that there would have been more action on the flop if someone had a flush. MP1 could have lead out (correctly) with as little as the Ac or Kc.

bigmac366
03-09-2005, 05:19 PM
hand one is fine. its hard for aces to win unimproved when six see the flop. if BB has some ugly two pair, thats poker. pot was too big to do anything but hope. in hand two, you need to be very careful. against 3 opponents you are either SLIGHTLY ahead of str8/flush draws, or miles behind completed str8s and flushs.

ErrantNight
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM
hand 1 is fine. standard even.

hand 2 is good, although after your check with intention to raise nets a relatively early bettor you might be better off calling and betting a safe turn... but i probably play it the same. leading the flop is also a fine option. maybe better, as raises on this flop will tell you a lot more than bets when checked to. basically: some reads would help.

the way you played it, you gotta bet the turn. the raise is scary, but i imagine (since you didn't provide the pot size and i'm too lazy to count) that you have the odds to try and fill up, along with some slim chance that someone just hit their K with a club draw.