PDA

View Full Version : Anything I could do differently here?

JackedUp
03-09-2005, 04:40 PM
$10 buy in 18 player NL hold 'em home tournament.

We're at the second level where blinds are only 25/50 but we're down to 6 already at my table. I've already doubled my stack to 2000 chips. I know most of the players at the table since this is a monthly game for us. UTG is a fairly loose aggressive player and has about 1500 in chips. He should have been out early but he's sucked out on two people already.

Blinds 25/50

UTG raises to 100
MP folds
Hero raises to 300 with AK suited spades
Button folds
SB folds
BB folds
UTG thinks for a few moments and calls

Flop is Ah 2s 4c.
UTG checks
Hero goes all in
UTG counts his chips, thinks for a while, talks to himself, and finally calls

Turn is 3s
River is 9c

UTG wins with 56 of diamonds making a 2-6 straight.

The only thing I can think of to do differenty would be to put him all in preflop. That's dicey considering we're so early into the tournament and he raised under the gun. Although he's a loose aggressive player and chances are, I had the best hand, do you still go all in preflop against a raise UTG at the second level of a tournament?

tiger7210
03-09-2005, 05:01 PM
I could be wrong here, but this sure looks like a not very well disguised Bad Beat post. You got villain to commit all his chips drawing to a gutshot 4 outer. What exactly is the question you have? How to avoid a bad beat? Don't play. Thank him for giving you a great chance of doubling up and take his money next month.

JackedUp
03-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Yes it's a bad beat post, but I think it does include a relevant question. The only way I think I could have avoided this is by going all in preflop. But do you go all-in preflop with AK in the second level of a tournament against a preflop raise from UTG even if you know he's a little loose aggressive?

I didn't here, and it cost me. I still think it's to early to do something like that against an early position raise.

zaxx19
03-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Back to the bong....I mean if you seriously are posting this.

You got your money in as a huge favorite and want advice on how to not do this???

Its called gambling...this is why.

downtown
03-09-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But do you go all-in preflop with AK in the second level of a tournament against a preflop raise from UTG even if you know he's a little loose aggressive?
I didn't here, and it cost me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got all your money in and were way ahead. It didn't cost you because you misplayed, the bad beat cost you.

Potowame
03-09-2005, 05:33 PM
calling this guy a LAG would infer that he has some understanding of the game. He is a idiot that made three very bad mistakes, and got extreamly lucky in the end.

You played the hand fine and are being result oriented, why on earth would you want him to fold here.

sammy_g
03-09-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only way I think I could have avoided this is by going all in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
You want to avoid getting all of your money in as a big favorite?

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't here, and it cost me.

[/ QUOTE ]
You make money every time something like this happens, regardless of the outcome.