PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you get a maniac image?

JoshuaD
03-09-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm sitting at a table, and for various reasons (A few blind steals early on, a buncha good hands), I'm probably looking like a 70/50 right now to the table. I've lost more of the hands than I've won, so I'm sure the entire table thinks i'm just a maniac.

How do you capitalize on this?

I've got two sLA-A's and a TP-A at the table, with position on one of the sLA-A's.

sfer
03-09-2005, 04:07 PM
I start flopping sets.

MoDOH
03-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Just continue to play your normal game, and valuebet valuebet valuebet...

crunchy1
03-09-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting at a table, and for various reasons (A few blind steals early on, a buncha good hands), I'm probably looking like a 70/50 right now to the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true:
[ QUOTE ]
I've lost more of the hands than I've won,

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they just might be correct!
[ QUOTE ]
so I'm sure the entire table thinks i'm just a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/images/graemlins/shocked.gif .. hehe.... j/k

[ QUOTE ]
How do you capitalize on this?
I've got two sLA-A's and a TP-A at the table, with position on one of the sLA-A's.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first inclination for advice here is to tell you to do nothing because it's too likely that no one has even noticed (and/or cares). Even if they have noticed; If you're already playing a solid TA-A game I still don't see why you'd need to change anything.

I see two things happening in your situation: (a) players probably won't bluff you as much and (b) will tend to call you down with weaker hands. These are both side effects or your stealing/mini-rush that are awesome for you but, NOT something you should need to change your playing to accomodate for. Keep betting and raising your good hands - they're only going to be paid off more now!!

BigEndian
03-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Semi-bluff less. Use free card tricks less. Generally play a little more ABC but be as aggressive as always on hands that need protection or you feel are ahead and you're getting extra action on.

- Jim

JoshuaD
03-09-2005, 04:22 PM
No one thinks I should cut back on blind steals with marginal hands like K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif from the button?

Edit: Oh hay BigEndian.

ErrantNight
03-09-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Semi-bluff less. Use free card tricks less. Generally play a little more ABC but be as aggressive as always on hands that need protection or you feel are ahead and you're getting extra action on.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Fat Nicky
03-09-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No one thinks I should cut back on blind steals with marginal hands like K3 from the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

as always...depends on the SB & BB in the hand.

BigEndian
03-09-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't generally base my blind stealing solely on the cards I happen to be holding. For example, Kxs will get a raise from me sometimes and I'll let it go others. My goal when blind stealing is to decrease the effect of the blinds on me and maybe turn a small profit - not to raise every hand I probably have the best holding.

- Jim

QTip
03-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Man...I wish I understood what you just said...can you rephrase that a bit for a slower mind?

BigEndian
03-09-2005, 04:38 PM
I just mean that I don't auto-raise the blinds just because my hand is, on average, better than theirs (which isn't exactly what Joshua was talking about). I take into account the people in the seats, the hands I've shown down, the number of times I've atempted to steal the blinds. How often the blinds have been gone after at my table.

I don't know this to be correct, this is simply my strategy. Give and take. Just try to take a little more than you give with the blinds.

- Jim