PDA

View Full Version : PP 600NL, AA in 5 way pot, draw heavy board

BadVoodooX
03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($397.9)
Button ($588)
SB ($699.05)
BB ($547)
UTG ($872.95) (loose maniac)
UTG+1 ($728.55)
MP1 ($283.2)
MP2 ($600)
Hero ($919.7)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls $6, UTG+1 calls $6, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $34</font>, CO calls (tight, solid) $34, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $28, UTG calls $28, UTG+1 calls $28.

I was hoping to isolate the maniac utg with a healthy preflop raise but unfortunately 1/2 the table came along for the ride.

Flop: ($173) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

It's checked to me. What is the correct play here? The board isn't quite the worst possible but it's certainly not good.

BadVoodooX

LuvDemNutz
03-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Bet $100 and hope everyone folds.

Flush draw is less likely since you have the A but it's very possible after the waterfall of callers someone has 55, 66, 77, or 88.

Chaostracize
03-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I would bet closer to the pot here around 150. If you get cold-called you can slow down. If you bet 100 and you get cold called you won't know where you are and you'll end up spewing more chips.

JMO.

P.S. Is this the same BadVoodoo that lambasted me about a week ago for "falling in love with QQ"? :-)

Darth Bane
03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Bet the size of the pot. If you get played with, shutdown and hope for a cheap showdown.

BadVoodooX
03-09-2005, 04:52 PM
The problem as I see it with the larger raise of 150+ is that I'm then pot committed against most of the stacks on the turn if I get called. The pot will then be $473 with 1 caller, $623+ with 2 callers with most of the potential callers having betweeen $200 and $300 left to bet and honestly I'll have no real idea where I am against any flat call, there are just too many possible holdings the way this hand developed. Do you see this as a problem?

I don't remember the incident but as far as I know I'm the only BadVoodoo on party so was likely me. If I was being an ass, I apologize, I was pretty grumpy last week as I had about as bad a run of cards as I've ever had for 5k hands or so.

ggbman
03-09-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem as I see it with the larger raise of 150+ is that I'm then pot committed against most of the stacks on the turn if I get called. The pot will then be $473 with 1 caller, $623+ with 2 callers with most of the potential callers having betweeen $200 and $300 left to bet and honestly I'll have no real idea where I am against any flat call, there are just too many possible holdings the way this hand developed. Do you see this as a problem?

I don't remember the incident but as far as I know I'm the only BadVoodoo on party so was likely me. If I was being an ass, I apologize, I was pretty grumpy last week as I had about as bad a run of cards as I've ever had for 5k hands or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really see this is a problem because betting the pot and getting called here usually means you have two outs. Granted sometimes you are getting called by something like Ak/AQ of hearts, but by betting the pot you get a good chance to take it down and can usually get away from the hand if you get played back at by someone who would do it with something else that doesn't beat you. Your not pot committed getting 2:1 if you can establish that you are way behind.

Chaostracize
03-09-2005, 07:51 PM
I sucked out on you pretty horribly, so I completely understand/understood.

BadVoodooX
03-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Was that the runner, runner quad QQ over my set of AA on flop? Had a rash of runner runner quads beat me last week, 3 times in 1 week for gods sake.

Yeknom58
03-09-2005, 09:23 PM
What do you suppose the "tight solid" guy is cold calling with. If your read is correct it's probably a hand like TT-QQ, maybe AKs. Hopefully he has QQ and is coming along for the ride. I can't see a reason not to bet the pot, like 150-200.

If you get called thats probably really good. The others are saying it's bad but I think it's probably a good thing. I can't really see anyone slowplaying because of the draw happy board.

BadVoodooX
03-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I basically assumed the same on the button player behind me, most likely having AK, AQ or 99-QQ but he's not really the one I'm concerned as much about though if he has a set here, I'll get stacked and shrug, it's the 3 players ahead of me that concerned me the most. I think they can easily slowplay a hand here assumming that either I or the button will bet out here.

BadVoodooX
03-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Due to the uncertainty of how to best lead out here and hoping that the button behind me had something like 10-10, JJ or QQ and that he would bet when I checked. That part worked great, then the insantity began. The button raised $125, the SB went all in, the BB went all in, the maniac folded and I've never dropped AA faster in my life, then the button called. The turn came an A and the river a Q. Imagine my surprise when the SB turns over 99, the BB turns over 10-10 and the button wins it with QQ that hit his set on the river for good measure.

Clearly checking on the flop was the wrong move here on my part, in retrospect I think a $100 to $130 bet might have prevented the frenzy that followed and still have given me the option of getting away from the hand against the larger stacks. I'm still not a fan of a full pot sized bet 5 way on that board, especially with 2 complete unknowns in the blinds but it certainly would be better than what I did.

Bet_to_Nguyen
03-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah, AA raised preflop like that with 5 other callers pretty much forces you to play for set value.

Chaostracize
03-10-2005, 10:38 PM
No, just your standard get it all in on an under flop and catch a 2 outer on the turn.

BadVoodooX
03-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Hm, must have been pretty deep stacks or I'd done something to represent AA or something, normally I'm pretty good about not going off on people about that sort of thing, especially since I generally repect your plau/ Was it either really deep stacked or I'd CR'd big out of UTG or something?