03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Well you did post it in the topic...

superbrawl
03-09-2005, 03:08 PM
O.k..10-10, 9-9, AK, AQ?
results next

superbrawl
03-09-2005, 03:19 PM
push all in. BB calls with ATs. SB shows QQ...no hands improve and i end up with a few of Buttons chips.

Gramps
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I'd say it's a clear call given your situation and given the betting/positions.

The button in essence has gone all-in against two short stacks. So...he's willing to go to war for about half his chips (with an overlay) against one of two random hands, and maybe steal 300 in blinds if both fold behind him. The times he has a monster maybe he makes this sized raise, but he probably also makes it with a pretty wide range of hands (sh-t Aces, most lesser pairs, some non-Ace non-pair and semi-shat hands, etc.).

Now...SB is sitting there on a pretty short stack. He sees it get folded to the button who steal raises against two puny stacks. He's probalby not giving the button any credit. He'll wake up with a monster once in a while, but he's probably making a stand on a pretty wide range of hands here as well.

You have JJ. It's a damn good hand. If you fold, you will be down to 700, and down to 600 if you fold your SB.

If you call and win, you'll have about 2500. The times your fold your JJ, you're probably going to have to win two showdowns to get to that chip total. In a 3-way pot, JJ is probably going to be at least 50% on average against the button/SB's range of hands with all the Ace-shat/random shat (button)/smaller pairs they could be playing (unfortunately, you don't have enough chips to make the button fold unless he's an idiot with no comprehension of pot odds). Compare that with how good you'll have to get in to win 2/2 HU showdowns with the same success - have to be over a 70% favorite on average in both.

I say call (i.e., push) with your JJ, and if you lose, oh well, sh-t happens.

P.S. If it was a 1500 chips player pushing UTG+1, and the SB jumped in...now you have to give each player credit for a tighter range of hands, and now it's a much harder decision. How each player has played to that point would be more relevant on a closer decision like that.

DonButtons
03-09-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say it's a clear call given your situation and given the betting/positions.

The button in essence has gone all-in against two short stacks. So...he's willing to go to war for about half his chips (with an overlay) against one of two random hands, and maybe steal 300 in blinds if both fold behind him. The times he has a monster maybe he makes this sized raise, but he probably also makes it with a pretty wide range of hands (sh-t Aces, most lesser pairs, some non-Ace non-pair and semi-shat hands, etc.).

Now...SB is sitting there on a pretty short stack. He sees it get folded to the button who steal raises against two puny stacks. He's probalby not giving the button any credit. He'll wake up with a monster once in a while, but he's probably making a stand on a pretty wide range of hands here as well.

You have JJ. It's a damn good hand. If you fold, you will be down to 700, and down to 600 if you fold your SB.

If you call and win, you'll have about 2500. The times your fold your JJ, you're probably going to have to win two showdowns to get to that chip total. In a 3-way pot, JJ is probably going to be at least 50% on average against the button/SB's range of hands with all the Ace-shat/random shat (button)/smaller pairs they could be playing (unfortunately, you don't have enough chips to make the button fold unless he's an idiot with no comprehension of pot odds). Compare that with how good you'll have to get in to win 2/2 HU showdowns with the same success - have to be over a 70% favorite on average in both.

I say call (i.e., push) with your JJ, and if you lose, oh well, sh-t happens.

P.S. If it was a 1500 chips player pushing UTG+1, and the SB jumped in...now you have to give each player credit for a tighter range of hands, and now it's a much harder decision. How each player has played to that point would be more relevant on a closer decision like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to let you know, this is coming from a guy who called my utg push in a 7 handed $200 sng with 22 on the BB...Of course I was the massive chip leader, but I got tricky and decided to push with AA, of course he spiked a 2, but that tells you about his crazy thought process /images/graemlins/grin.gif
hehe

No, but I agree with what he says. Push/call with JJ, and if you lose, well, next tournament, but your not in a good enough spot to fold it.

Gramps
03-09-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just to let you know, this is coming from a guy who called my utg push in a 7 handed $200 sng with 22 on the BB...Of course I was the massive chip leader, but I got tricky and decided to push with AA, of course he spiked a 2, but that tells you about his crazy thought process
hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew what you had, it's just that I also knew a 2 was going to be one of the 5 community cards... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Or else I was pretty shortstacked there in the BB and put you on a wide range of hands. One of the two.