PDA

View Full Version : AK in MP1..bad beat, but played right????

benkath1
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
pacific .25/.5 mp2 post blind preflop

fold, fold, I raise with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif, mp2 (poster) calls, fold, fold, SB calls, BB calls, (7sb in pot)

flop K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,

OK, I'm thinking, I have TPTK and should be good. I put sb on a weak K, maybe K 10.

SB bets, BB fold, I raise, mp2 folds, SB 3-bets, I call (13 SB pot)

turn 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, I raise, SB 3-bets, I cap

Now I'm kind of lost, leaning towards KQ but not sure.

river J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, I raise, SB 3 bets I call

Am I a fool, or just not seeing the cards right?

Sorry to post a bad beat with this awful layout, but I am curious if I misplayed this hand by being too aggressive?

Any tips on posting hands from Pacific would be appreciated too. I want to post more but it is such a pain.

Off the subject...I am thinking of moving to paradise just for the hand histories. Is it worth it at the nanos?

Thanks, Ben

Dead
03-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Cap the flop. If he leads the turn call down from there. You lost too much on this hand.

davelin
03-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Way too aggressive. I would've slowed down on the turn. Raising the river was just pure spewage.

riffraff
03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
The action on flop is fine. The raise on the turn is fine, the cap is silly. Just call on the river. It's unlikely your hand is good as you have shown a ton of strength thoughout yet he still bets into you. Also a 3-bet on the turn is never a good sign for TPTK, although some players will get tricky with a drawing hand this way.

Dead
03-09-2005, 02:25 PM
No the turn action is not fine, unless SB is a complete maniac, and the original poster did not give us that read.c Capping the turn is just throwing chips down the toilet.

riffraff
03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
edited my post. I didn't notice he capped until I submitted.

gvibes
03-09-2005, 03:12 PM
I cap the flop, and call down if led into on the turn.

benkath1
03-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys. Dude turns over K6off, and I decide to quit for the day. I know I souldn't leave the table but feel tilt coming on as this was my 3rd BB in an hour.

I love this game. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kenberman
03-09-2005, 03:23 PM
raising the turn is chip spewing (most of the time)

ErrantNight
03-09-2005, 03:45 PM
best not to post the bad beat part of this...

i think your line of calling the flop to pop the turn was alright... but you ran into the problem here... what happens when you raise and get 3-bet? if you thought sb was something of a lag, perhaps you could justify this cap. but i doubt it.

your river raise is reckless chip-spewery.

i think this exemplifies the benefits to capping v. an unknown on this flop. if he leads and you raise and he 3-bets you can safely call down.

ErrantNight
03-09-2005, 03:46 PM
i might agree with you if hero had capped the flop and if he had a read.

i think hero's line of call the flop 3-bet raise the turn is alright in spots. the cap is out of line most of the time. the river raise is the worst of it.

benkath1
03-09-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

your river raise is reckless chip-spewery.

[/ QUOTE ]

spewery...i like that term. no mo spewery.