PDA

View Full Version : KQs on KQXs flop (How do you play it)?

Talk2BigSteve
03-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Here is the situation....

You have K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif with 4 or more opponents still in the hand and the flop is K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Do you play with the top two pair looking for a Boat or do you you fold because of the flush? and if you fold do you fold on the flop, turn or river???

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dead
03-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Push this hand aggressively. The chances of someone flopping a flush are small. You should bet here because you don't want to give a free card to a single diamond. If another diamond appears and there is lots of action then you will have to get out.

Talk2BigSteve
03-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Thank you, I knew that was probably the correct answer, but sometimes I think looking at this Pokertracker software makes me second guess myself, According to Pokertracker, I have won the most money with Flushes, and have lost the most with 2 pairs.

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

toss
03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
We'll you aren't going to get a hand with a single /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to fold on the flop. It best in most cases to wait for a non /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn to raise upon. Only fold this if the action is really heavy indictaing one or more flushes.

davelin
03-09-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We'll you aren't going to get a hand with a single /images/graemlins/diamond.gif to fold on the flop. It best in most cases to wait for a non /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turn to raise upon. Only fold this if the action is really heavy indictaing one or more flushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree about waiting for the turn statement. I think your equity on the flop is too high to pass to wait for the "safe" turn card.

dinero2433
03-09-2005, 03:09 PM
I think you both have points worth considering - No, we're not going to fold a single diamond with a bet on the flop. We are, however, a favorite to win this hand against anyone with a single diamond.

If we assume no one has flopped a flush, we are probably leaving money on the table by not betting out with the likely best hand and four outs to the boat. Pot equity would demand a bet/raise until we feel enough heat to convince us of a made flush.