PDA

View Full Version : Pick my next book for me

IGMorton
03-09-2005, 02:00 PM
I have read SSHE and and am 1/2 way through TOP. What next? Ideally i'd like something customized for small stakes hold em on the internet, but not conflicting the agressive strategies in SSHE. HPAP looks good, but half the book (tight preflop recommendations and blind stealing, etc) doesn't really seem to apply to the loose games (1/2 to 2/4 PP) that i usually play.

SSHE didn't really cover much on the topics of internet play such as multitabling, internet tells, etc. How about this free book deal:

http://internettexasholdem.com/poker-book/book-information/free-texas-hold-em-book/

Ideally, i'd like to find a Small Stakes Hold 'em book custom tailored for slightly tighter games i'll find as i move up to 3/6 or 5/10 with the altered SB structure. Any ideas?

MarkL444
03-09-2005, 02:12 PM
just keep reading the books you have.

Niediam
03-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Reread SSH. Then read it again. And again. And once more. At this point you might fully understand a majority of it if you are a bright individual. (I'm serious)

Anyhow, ITH is a decent book but some of it's advice is not as profitable as SSH style poker. There isn't much in the book specifically about Internet play but what is there is worth a read. I'd suggest a quick skim of the book at the store instead of purchasing the book.