PDA

View Full Version : What time of day should one go fishing?

IGMorton
03-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Assume you only had 20 hours a week to play poker but had flexibility in choosing when. What times do you choose for PP 1/2 - 5/10?

Weekdays seem to be rough.

5-8 EST weekdays seems decent... i presume recreational players are getting home from work and logging on.

8-11 EST weekdays seems good... are the recreational players starting to get sleepy?

weekends seem really hit and miss for me thus far. dunno why.

JoshuaD
03-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Friday night and Saturday night are always the best.

I find weekdays are hit or miss for me. I'll table jump for 20 minutes, but If i'm not finding things above 30% VP$IP, I'll come back in a few hours. Sometimes you find hoards of recreational players, sometimes you just run into tons of multi-tabling TAG's.

I'm playing 2/4.

John Deere
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I seem to have better luck between 5-8 p.m., too (playing party 3/6). I usually get home around 6, grab a bite to eat, and sit down to play around 7. I'll knock off 60 or 90 minutes, then take a break to watch TV or a local sporting event, and then come back for another hour around 9 or 10, by which time it seems that things have tightened up.

Bob T.
03-09-2005, 02:21 PM
What time of day should one go fishing?

During the summer, early morning and evenings are usually best for bass.

Walleye, from dusk to dawn in clear lakes, if the lake has reduced visibility, daytime can be good also.

Northern Pike and Muskelunge, are sight/ambush feeders, so they usually are more active when the light is good, although in late summer, you can frequently catch them on topwater after sundown.

It just all depends on what you are after.

chief444
03-09-2005, 02:37 PM
I used to fish a lot of streams for trout. I can tell you that if you're dumb enough to stand by the water or in water with a metal rod right before a storm it's by far the best time.

cold_cash
03-09-2005, 03:13 PM
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif