PDA

View Full Version : KQo in BB agaist possible steal

shark6
03-09-2005, 01:44 PM
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

<font color="blue">Since he checked, I bet because I I've got 2 overcards and a gutshot, intending to maybe take the free card if he gives it.</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I bet again because I figured the 9 for a scare card, and thus give him another chance to fold. I called the checkraise because I had 4 outs to the nut straight and if he was betting a low pocket pair in a steal attempt I had odds to try to catch up. </font>

River: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

<font color="blue">This was obvious. </font>

Final Pot: 11 BB

What do others think about 3-betting PF and calling the turn checkraise.

DMBFan23
03-09-2005, 01:49 PM
you caught me on haiku day. lucky you.

3 bet him preflop
teach that monkey ass a lesson
flop and river good.

wyoak
03-09-2005, 01:55 PM
reads? does the guy try to steal blinds with anything? only with stronger hands or Ax? never?

5bb in the pot, you've got 4 outs to a very strong hand, and 6 outs to an overpair that might not be good. I think I fold to checkraise if I have no read at all.

kiddj
03-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Your 2nd line has 8 syllables. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

iluzion
03-09-2005, 02:01 PM
i definitly 3bet if you think he may be stealing, otherwise it looks good to me, i might check behind on the turn and take that freecard, though.

shark6
03-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Oops I forgot to post reads. It is:

Only seen about 15 hands with SB. Guessing, I'd put him at about a
30 VPIP
3 PFR
1.0 AF not incl. PF

In any event, I'm not sure it matters much because people really change their style of play in these types of situations and this is the first time I've seen it folded around so I havn't seen how he adjusts to a possible bind steal situation.

Greg J
03-09-2005, 04:02 PM
No reads on SB? If he is a certified blind stealer and/or aggressive in any way, I like a preflop 3 bet. After all, you have position all through the hand, and as DMB mentioned, you need to teach this bitch a lesson. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The flop bet is good with this flop texture. I can go for either a bet or a check through on the turn. I bet if I think he will fold. River plays itself.

ErrantNight
03-09-2005, 04:05 PM
3-bet preflop.

call the turn c/r, easy. against some frisky opponents you might be able to 3-bet it... although i think w/o an A you're asking for trouble if he'll never fold either to the 3-bet or a river bet (and they won't much at .25/.50)