PDA

View Full Version : Recent Threads About SNES Games

Brian
03-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Did anyone upon reading the recent "Best Of SNES" threads and/or favorite character polls from FF3, Chrono Trigger, etc. get the sudden urge to start playing those games again? I hooked up my SNES console and played FF3 for about 8 hours over the weekend, but what I'm really wanting to play is Chrono Trigger. I lent my copy out to a totally unreliable guy a few months ago, and I knew I'd probably never see it again, but didn't really care at the time as I didn't forsee myself ever playing it again. Well, of course he now claims to not even remember borrowing it, and said he'd look for it but I know he won't. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know I can just play it on an emulator but it's not the same for me. I called around all the local game stores hoping to be able to ride over and pick it up, but no one had it. One store in particular had a very geeky guy answering the phone, and when I asked if they had Chrono Trigger he let out a huge nerdy laugh and said "No way, man!" So looks like I'll have to e-bay it.

If you have also had the urge to hook up your SNES and replay some of these great games, share your stories! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Brian

nolanfan34
03-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I downloaded a SNES emulator so I could play FF3 again. I forgot how great the storyline is. And I remember all of the music like it was yesterday! Mrs. Nolanfan was laughing at me from the other room, because I was whistling away to the music without realizing it.

The only bad thing, is that I've discovered my gamepad sucks. I can't reliably do Sabin's blitz moves, because the directional pad needs to be recalibrated or something. I might have to just buy a SNES controller and USB adapter... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

beerbandit
03-09-2005, 01:01 PM
i couldnt find my snes

so i hooked up my ps for which i have 4&5 anthology, where ffvi is the same as three for some reason

i played about 3 hours this past sun and mon --- i think ill play some more tonight ---

yeah chrono trigger is pretty sweet, i think i saw it on ebay for 30-35$

cheers

sfer
03-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Along the same lines, I wanna play Ultima III. It's a freaking 'puter!

Reef
03-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Chrono Trigger goes for like $70 now!