PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant iPod Question

Brian
03-09-2005, 12:29 PM
I read a thread about the iPod from OOT the other day, and a lot of people said that they had over 4,000 songs stored on theirs. It is my understanding that they charge 99c per song, so did you guys pay $4,000 to get all your songs? Or do they run some sort of special deal? This has been the main reason that I haven't bought one yet, because I don't really like the idea of paying 16 bucks to download a CD that I can buy for $10 on Amazon. Thanks,

-Brian

lucas9000
03-09-2005, 12:31 PM
you do know there are ways to download music on the internet without paying, right? also, you can put music from your own cds onto it.

Jurollo
03-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Have you been under a rock for the past 4 years? Music is free baby and it is GROOOOOVY!
~Justin

Brian
03-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah. I use Kazaa mainly to download, but was thinking about using iPod software so that I can download it legally and not fear the RIAA coming after me. I didn't know that you could put music on to it any other way than via their software/downloads. As I said, I'm ignorant about the iPod. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess a better thread topic would have been, does anyone who uses Kazaa Lite or other fear the RIAA coming after them? Or does the RIAA mainly get their names from college LANs?

-Brian

lucas9000
03-09-2005, 12:37 PM
well, i don't use kazaa. nevertheless, even when i do, i don't fear the riaa. i think as long as you're not sharing a ton of stuff, and/or downloading the latest "bug hit," you're probably fine.

i use soulseek, and no one is going to come after me for downloading some egyptian lover or mantronix stuff.

Dominic
03-09-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm the 4,000 sogn guy....yes, I'ev downloaded some songs...and paid for them - but only about $100 worth...the rest come from my CDs and friend's CDs...I've got my whole CD collection (over 1000) on my iPod now.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jurollo
03-09-2005, 12:43 PM
I use Ares and don't share, the RIAA won't come after you for downloading it is the sharing they are worried about. So let all the other suckers get busted, we have too much poker to play to go to jail.
~Justin

MarkL444
03-09-2005, 01:27 PM
if you really want to pay for the music, buy the actual CDs and you can rip them to your ipod

davelin
03-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Depending on your taste of music and local resources, the library may be your best friend.

Dale
03-13-2005, 12:55 PM
iPods look pretty swell. I have a large CD collection. Will an iPod object if I use more than one computer to copy my CDs to it?

MyMindIsGoing
03-13-2005, 01:02 PM
If you are gonna transfer your cds into a portable player, buy one with OGG support instead, sounds so much better than MP3.

spamuell
03-13-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use Ares and don't share, the RIAA won't come after you for downloading it is the sharing they are worried about. So let all the other suckers get busted, we have too much poker to play to go to jail.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

leeches are dicks.