PDA

View Full Version : Question for SuitedSixes

skipperbob
03-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Given the two best known references to how crappy pro golfers are at Poker; (("Rounders" and a recent (so recent that Yugo was still a newcomer) post by Irieguy) I was wondering if that during your meteoric golf career (as in turning to ash in a few seconds, not as in flashing across the sky in brilliant aura) you found that allocution to be correct?

asofel
03-09-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the two best known references to how crappy pro golfers are at Poker; (("Rounders" and a recent (so recent that Yugo was still a newcomer) post by Irieguy) I was wondering if that during your meteoric golf career (as in turning to ash in a few seconds, not as in flashing across the sky in brilliant aura) you found that allocution to be correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

(too many (makes baby (jesus)) cry)

skipperbob
03-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm sorta into parens today; tomorrow, I think, will be more of a hypen-kinda day

asofel
03-09-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorta into parens today; tomorrow, I think, will be more of a hypen-kinda day

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, i half expected a 'stfu asshat' reply, glad you can enjoy the humor...and i'm more of an ellipses whore myself...not that you couldn't tell...at all...

SuitedSixes
03-09-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My days of spanking whitey were before WPT and Chris Moneymaker, so those in the circles in which I orbited found other, more popular ways to exercise our gamble jones. A game called "hammer" was always a good way to lose a paycheck, as was accepting outlandish bets such as Tiger/Lefty vs. the field for 1/10th of High Society, and I am confident that during that period I never watched a sporting event in which I did not have some action. What I am trying to say in 500 words of less is, that we were bad gamblers, good drinkers, and poor significant others, so if we had played poker we were probably pretty bad at that as well.

P.S.
"Hammer" really is the greatest game ever invented, think of a skins game in which you can challenge you opponent after a hoseled two-iron two either concede the hole or double the juice. I get nostalgic thinking of playing double drawback with Bloody Mary's after the 8:00 shotgun went out, as well as being down three must-presses on the 18th tee and hitting a drive that "sounded pretty good" because a cloud-covered moon is poor for tracking a drive.

ReDeYES88
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, i half expected a 'stfu asshat' reply, glad you can enjoy the humor...and i'm more of an ellipses whore myself...not that you couldn't tell...at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

. . .ellipses rock . .especially when used simultaneously with the space bar to r e a l l y stretch things out . . . i like the [] thingys too instead of parens, ya don't have to shift.

WarDekar
03-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Don't ever go into comp. sci. or any algebraic-ish language geared curriculum! You have no idea how many times I want to kill myself over really really dumb parenthesis, comma, or semi-colon errors!

hyde
03-09-2005, 05:15 PM
"Don't ever go into comp. sci. or any algebraic-ish language geared curriculum! You have no idea how many times I want to kill myself over really really dumb parenthesis, comma, or semi-colon errors!"

Medicate thyself! I know it can be anoying(sp) to see many grammatical errors. ( really really annoying) but to consider killing yourself.......that's an over-reaction.

hyde

WarDekar
03-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Not literally, of course. And I don't mean grammatical errors, I mean dumb errors that result in code breaking when you have a ton of nested parentheses and then forget to put one somewhere, it's a pain!

skipperbob
03-09-2005, 05:26 PM
You Picked the Wrong Cowboy This Time: Co-ed, business-related tourny at Green River (would have to improve to be a pasture)...Best contest of the Day = SkipperBob against any taker(s), one Tecate/One shot/per hole...press on the backnine to 2 Tecates/2 shots...Dribbled my drive on 16 into a lake...walked into the lake clothed & carrying clubs; exited the other side of the lake sans clothes & clubs, but did manage to salvage last short-dog of Snaaps left in the golfbag...Played last 2 holes naked (not a pretty sight even 25 years ago)...bit the head off of a snake & collapsed on the 18th green...Won the drinking contest due to lack of meaningful competition...Won the "Best Actor" award by acclamation...Won the "Who will leave with the Biggest Pig" Award (actually a tie between me & the woman I left with /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Irieguy
03-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Now, that's funny.

The Yugoslavian
03-09-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, that's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

skipperbob
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Yugo's scramble for Pooh-Bah has coincided with the deterioration of his thought process such that he is reduced to only being able to cut & paste /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SuitedSixes
03-09-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yugo's scramble for Pooh-Bah has coincided with the deterioration of his thought process such that he is reduced to only being able to cut & paste /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't even have to Cut & Paste.

SuitedSixes
03-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I want to party with you, Cowboy.

SuitedSixes
03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Did I really think that I could brag about my drinking/gambling exploits in a thread started by a guy who carries a bottle of baby lotion with him, just in case. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Irieguy
03-09-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds just a tad bit gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Irieguy

SuitedSixes
03-09-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds just a tad bit gay. (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Gay? Dude, look at your avatar.

skipperbob
03-09-2005, 07:17 PM
They're cleaning their balls; what's gay about that? Hell, I'm gambling with women...not meant to be a comment on my lifestyle /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Yugoslavian
03-09-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They're cleaning their balls

[/ QUOTE ]

Clean balls is *highly* +EV.

In bowling as in life.

Yugoslav