PDA

View Full Version : overplayed 88?

_bustedflush_
03-09-2005, 11:57 AM
<font color="purple"> I'm not sure what, if anything, I did right here. Looking for all comments. </font>

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.
<font color="purple"> I raised hoping to fold some people but the beauty and the beast of nano-land is you get lots of cold callers. </font>

Turn: (8.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.
<font color="purple"> I might have tried to see another card check-through, but the 3 was too likely to help folks with their straight draws. Thought I should charge them. </font>

River: (12.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, hero calls, CO folds, SB folds.
<font color="purple"> yeah, he probably spiked trips, but it seemed a big enough pot to make the call. </font>
Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Buckmulligan
03-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Nice hand. I like the flop raise and the bet on the turn. If SB bets into me again on the turn, though, I am folding.
You might find a fold on the river but I think I would probably call too.

KaiShin
03-09-2005, 12:11 PM
It looks pretty good to me. I sometimes raise 88 in EP if I know the table is tight, but limping here seemed like a good choice.

Flop raise is good, turn bet is good. I call the river as well.

jrz1972
03-09-2005, 12:19 PM
I fold this flop without a second thought. Even if your 8s are ahead right now, they probably won't be by the time you get to showdown.

This hand has reverse implied odds written all over it.

topspin
03-09-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this flop without a second thought. Even if your 8s are ahead right now, they probably won't be by the time you get to showdown.

This hand has reverse implied odds written all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. An EP bettor (or a subsequent caller) could easily have a 9 and have you drawing very thin. Even if no one has a 9, anyone with overcards or a flush/straight draw has plenty of outs against you.

With this many players and a relatively small pot, and a weak made hand with few outs, I'm tossing this on the flop.