PDA

View Full Version : 3-Handed (ITM) Calling Standards

Namebejed7
03-09-2005, 11:42 AM
I have been in a lot of situations recently where I have a decent stack (around 25% of chips in play) with no need to panic but the other two players are pushing almost every hand and pretty much getting folds. I'm comfortable with my selection of hands to push with here, but my question is what to call with.

A SNG I played this morning was a good example, I was BB w/ 2600, UTG pushed 2700 and SB folded. I had A5o. Heads up I would probably call here, but I folded without hesitation, thinking I could get my money in as the aggressor.

When heads up I call any time I think I'm close to a coin flip, so any broadway, any ace, any pair. Should the same hold true 3 handed?

shoeman
03-09-2005, 11:49 AM
In this case, I would fold A5o here. Even aggressive players will fold if you are the first to push. I think the key to playing 3 handed is to be the aggressor, not the one who needs to decide whether to call an all-in or not. Fold the A5o and push (almost) any two next time you are on the button.

As far as calling standards, I would say generally I will call with AT+, 66+, KQ, KJs. Against aggressive players, I may loosen this up a bit. But this depends greatly on the size of the blinds (How much dead money is in the pot) and stack sizes.