PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to raise a strong draw on the turn heads up.

BigEndian
03-09-2005, 11:38 AM
This had been an interesting table for me. I had folded the flop and turn a lot after raising prefop because the boards were attrocious for my holdings. Not that that means any of my opponents had ben paying attention.

No reads on this villain.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: BigEndian is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BigEndian calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BigEndian checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BigEndian checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BigEndian calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Does my check on the river make any sense after my turn CR and my hand doesn't improve? How many votes out there for jacking the flop? Who folds this on the end?

- Jim

Nate tha' Great
03-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Jim,

I don't get it. You have a ton of equity on this flop and I'd just pound away. Also, checking the turn could be risky as there's some chance he'll check behind.

sinfulslick18
03-09-2005, 11:50 AM
i would reraise the flop and bet out the turn. it is too risky that he is playing to get free card to the river. ie. checking behind your check on the turn.

-sinful

BigEndian
03-09-2005, 12:32 PM
I agree this was fancy-play syndrome. My thinking at the time was along the lines of: "I've been rolling over on a lot on hands after showing PF agression, so if I wait until the turn to get my aggression in maybe I can win this hand outright without improving."

In looking back with hind-sight, my opponent flopped over A/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. So it's possible one player at least had noticed my passivity post-flop (ironic really, and I hope people at the table were jotting notes down on me as passive).

So I post this hand because I struggle at times playing hands standard vs. an alternative line. And also with allowing one hands results obscure my long term vision.

- Jim