PDA

View Full Version : has anybody tried to use DS's improved system?

mostsmooth
03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
the one explained in tpfap?
how did it go?
just curious

mostsmooth
03-09-2005, 03:43 PM
nobody?

CardSharpCook
03-09-2005, 04:13 PM
This has been discussed before. You may wish to try searching old threads. I've seen players do well seeming like they are using the system. Then again, if they bust out in the first round, no one is the wiser. Screw the system, I am a poker player.

CSC

mostsmooth
03-09-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This has been discussed before. You may wish to try searching old threads. I've seen players do well seeming like they are using the system. Then again, if they bust out in the first round, no one is the wiser. Screw the system, I am a poker player.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, do a search and see how many matches come up
btw, if they bust out in the first round, could they really have been using the system?

Sam T.
03-09-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]
btw, if they bust out in the first round, could they really have been using the system?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, please be polite. Cook was trying to help.

Second, please work on your search skills. Took me about four seconds to find this thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1141478&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

Third, unless the system magically prevents bad beats (or there is a part I don't remember that says, "Fold every hand in the first round"), of course they could have been using it.

Have a nice day!

Sam

mostsmooth
03-09-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First, please be polite. Cook was trying to help.

Second, please work on your search skills. Took me about four seconds to find this thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1141478&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

Third, unless the system magically prevents bad beats (or there is a part I don't remember that says, "Fold every hand in the first round"), of course they could have been using it.

Have a nice day!

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]
1. i was , maybe i should have added a smiley /images/graemlins/cool.gif
2. what was the keyword you used?
3. well in tpfap it does say the system is ideal for the early rounds, is that a clue?
thanks for the help
/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sam T.
03-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Sorry if I misunderstood /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I ran "+Sklansky +system" - if you don't include the + you will come up with about ten million hits.

It may be ideal for the early rounds, but his rounds are a lot longer than in on-line MTTs, and the opponents are a lot better. (Indeed it may work worse early in an on-line tournament because your pushes will be called far more often than Sklansky envisions, and with ever push there is a chance of a bust...)

Good luck,

Sam

mostsmooth
03-09-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I misunderstood /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I ran "+Sklansky +system" - if you don't include the + you will come up with about ten million hits.

It may be ideal for the early rounds, but his rounds are a lot longer than in on-line MTTs, and the opponents are a lot better. (Indeed it may work worse early in an on-line tournament because your pushes will be called far more often than Sklansky envisions, and with ever push there is a chance of a bust...)

Good luck,

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]
actually i made a mistake in my post, i should have said tpfap says the system ISNT ideal for early rounds. my bad
that changes everything, and makes you see my point now doesnt it!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif