PDA

View Full Version : Poor limp of pocket 10's? Stars $15

therock
03-09-2005, 11:17 AM
This is my first attempt at the hand converter. Stars $15 turbo, no reads.

I think I got myslef in trouble because I did not raise pre-flop. I let the small blind in cheap and he could easily have two pair or a pair/gutshot draw. How was my play on the folp? I called the flop bet with no real plan, other than hoping to get to showdown fairly cheap.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1500)
Button (t1490)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1480)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1155)
MP2 (t3395)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls t20, Button calls t20, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t80) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t60</font>, BB folds, Hero calls t60, Button calls t60.

Turn: (t260) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, Hero folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: t360

dfscott
03-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Warning: non-expert advice follows...

I would likely make a standard 3BB raise here pre-flop in LP.

I'm not sure how to play this post-flop, but at first glance, I'm thinking that I would consider a raise on the flop to see where I am. I think it's likely that SB just hit TP and you might take this down. If you're re-raised, you can throw your tens away. If you're called, you can go into check/fold mode and you're likely to see the river for free and can re-evaluate at that point.

lutefisk
03-09-2005, 11:28 AM
I'd raise it to 60 pf myself, and fold if re-raised. It'll give you a better idea of what you're up against later. You're almost certain to have the best hand with that board against anyone who just called the 60.

As it stands, I'd raise to 150 on the flop, and fold on the turn if he calls that raise and still bets into you.

FYI; I'm still pretty new to this, so don't view my opinions as being too strong.

shoeman
03-09-2005, 11:29 AM
I usually limp 10s this early in an SNG also. In this case, since it was folded to me in late position, I'll probably come in for a raise. If there were limpers in front of me, I would have limped as well.

We have no idea was the SB has so I'd like to find out by raising him on the flop. See if he calls/re-raises and proceed from there.

On the turn, I think it was a good fold. SB obviously likes his hand and has no fear of the straight. 2 pair is a possibiliy but you can't beat that either.

therock
03-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks. I need a ton of work on my post-flop play so I'll post a hand a day and see if can't make some improvements.

Rhinehold
03-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Yes, that's a mistake that many people make, Hold'em is a POST flop game, Omaha is a PRE flop game. So many people worry so much on starting hands and pre-flop betting that they never work enough on their post flop play, which is where you need to be your strongest.

SeeWillie
03-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Agree with the t60 raise PF, but ONLY because it has been folded to me and the big stack is out. Also, I think I would only raise if I have been an uber-rock up until that point. If my table image is loose, I'm gonna get called. TT is a STRONG hand, but you fear any overcard on the flop and want to push out the marginal overcard hands. If I see a flop, I want to be heads-up.

I also agree that a fold to a reraise PF is in order this early in the game.

Bigwig
03-09-2005, 12:49 PM
First, raise preflop from the CO with TT. Take control of the aggression, and make the blinds pay to see a flop, so you can better define their hands.

But, since you didn't do it, raise the flop. You have an overpair (likely the best hand) + position on the original raiser. If he comes back over the top huge, then you can let it go. I mean, why did you fold the turn if you were willing to call the flop? That 7 isn't very scary. He complete with 35o? Possibly. That's why you raise the flop to see where you stand.

LaggyLou
03-09-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Omaha is a PRE flop game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?

Mammux
03-10-2005, 10:20 AM
The preflop limp is really horrible. With max 4 players in the pot, you can't play TT for set value. If you're not going to raise, you might as well fold it.

On the flop, easy reraise. I'd raise to 250, so it's 190 to him for a pot of 390. If he reraises, you can fold. If he calls, proceed with caution.

Also, I would probably reraise his small turn bet.

The point is to show strength. If you do, it's hard for him to put you on anything but a set or possibly an overpair. Remember, you limped from late position when it was folded to you. Your most likely holding is probably 22-88 or suited connectors. If he plays back at you then, it's hard to put him on anything but the straight.

-Magnus