PDA

View Full Version : New software Idea - Suckout Factor.

OrianasDaad
03-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Just had a thought about a potentially useful peice of software, both for practical purposes, and for advancement of the general theory of Poker.

It would be something that would read PT HH databases, and generate equity for each street, much like PokerStove does. The difference is that it would note the more drastic changes in equity from street to street, compiling them into a single figure, or mabye a series of figures.

Mabye have it also do something to track the equity for each hand and calculate rudimentary pot odds based on this, and tell you if, overall, you are getting good overlays on your draws, or if you draw too thin or -EV.

It's beyond me to write something like this, but I figured someone here might like to take a stab at it.

stigmata
03-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I had a similar idea before. I was more interested with reference to a "BadBeat statistic". So at the end of a really shitty session, you could see that your BBS was -2000 (or whatever), and have some reassurance that you just had lots of bad suckouts.

OrianasDaad
03-09-2005, 04:37 PM
That was my first thought. People are always asking if they are "running bad". A peice of software that could tell you with a fair degree of certainty whether or not you are would be more helpful.

The second part is more valuable, in my opinion. Using the Fundamental Theory of Poker, the software could actually track the decisions you make at the table, comparing pot odds vs. true odds of winning.

Wouldn't it be nice to know that 80% of the time when you had a signifigant edge on the turn you raised. You can (and should) do this on a hand-by-hand basis in study, but would take a very long time.

Not to mention the fact that the program could be written to more accurately model opponents.

I might e-mail the PokerStove guy with my idea. He'd make some $$ from it, for sure.

OrianasDaad
03-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Ack.

http://www.pokerstove.com/pokertrace/

Looks like he's already had a similar idea. I'm going to try it out.