PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Aces Lay Down?

Nalapoint1
03-09-2005, 10:14 AM
15 minutes into tourny when i get AA at CO.8 limp in too me.i raise 1/3 my chips.i have twice as many chips as everybody at table.4 people go all in to me. i fold.they called with 44,77,88 AK. two hit sets.comments please as i was tempted to call.

FoldingAAPolice
03-09-2005, 10:15 AM
SIR, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO ASK YOU TO STEP OUT OF THE CAR, DROP THE CARDS, AND PLACE YOUR HAND BEHIND YOUR BACK.

YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR THE CRIME OF POSTING ANOTHER 'SHOULD I FOLD MY AA PREFLOP' THREAD, THE MOST USELESS THREAD POSSIBLE ON THIS FORUM. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT AND ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT OF LAW. PLEASE GET INTO THE POLICE VEHICLE AND COME WITH ME TO THE STATION WHERE YOU WILL BE STOPPED FROM EVER POSTING THIS THREAD AGAIN.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

ThrillFactor
03-09-2005, 10:39 AM
So let me get this straight. Without any info on the tourney type, site, or buy-in, you have twice as many chips as your opponents. So let's say you have T2000 and they have T1000 to make it simple. 8 limpers and you raise T666 (1/3 your stack), 4 go all-in for T1000, action's back to you.

You must call T334 to win 1000+1000+1000+1000+666=4666, so you will be getting 13.5 to 1 (assuming the blinds are negligible) on the call. And here's the best part... even if you lose, you're no worse off than where you started at the beginning of the tourney.

Please don't try to convince yourself or anyone on this forum that you made a good laydown.

Period.

Rick Diesel
03-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Terrible play.

schwza
03-09-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Terrible play.

[/ QUOTE ]

you idiot. he said TWO people made sets!

Sal Allegra
03-09-2005, 11:30 AM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif I agree 100%

slogger
03-09-2005, 11:33 AM
When are you guys going to stop responding to these trolls?

Given their post histories and some of the details they provide, it seems obvious that they're just F-ing with you.

carini04
03-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Back in the day, I would try to do whatever it took to win a pot with pocket aces - I wasn't a good player then. Now, I fold AA half the amount of times I play it. But even if I do fold, I usually have to see the flop first. Its tricky, but there are sooooooo many stories of Aces get busted! Too many for me!!

carini04
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
One more thing - when you do get dealt pocket Aces, Do Not let them blind you! It happens all the time, straights and flushes seem to creep on the table, without you knowing. If you must play the Aces, make sure you bet the value of those Aces, even if it means stealing the blinds!

Nalapoint1
03-09-2005, 12:33 PM
$100.00 buy in party poker.first time i laid down pocket aces pre flop.it seems the software favors the under dog too much. i am tired of getting knocked out of toutnys with AA when people call my all in bets pre flop with Q9s and catch the flush or back door the str8.usually happens after the first hour though. i didnt think my chances were that good with 5 players in pot.i had to think that at least onc ace was already out.

ThrillFactor
03-09-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... i didnt think my chances were that good with 5 players in pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming just for the moment that you're not just blowing smoke with this entire post - you're right. With all those people already in, your odds aren't that great with AA unimproved. But you know what? Your odds are better than everyone elses. And most importantly, you're ignoring the odds that the pot is laying you. At 13+ to 1 odds I'm calling with 22, especially considering a loss leaves you with ONLY an average stack.

Nalapoint1
03-09-2005, 01:15 PM
on party poker mtt i dont see pocket aces hold up as often as the odds charts claim that they should. not even close

Sam T.
03-09-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on party poker mtt i dont see pocket aces hold up as often as the odds charts claim that they should. not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe this, why on earth would you play on-line poker?

Nalapoint1
03-09-2005, 01:36 PM
i factor the software into my decisions.random number generators are not as random as you think or so says nevada gaming commission.

ThrillFactor
03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't start that crap.

This thread is now written off.

Good luck with your game.

schwza
03-09-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it didn't become a pure humor-value post as soon as you saw the title?

ThrillFactor
03-09-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it didn't become a pure humor-value post as soon as you saw the title?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yea. But you never know when a newb is really asking for help.

Just a couple of years ago I "knew" that aces would never hold up against multiple opps. I "knew" that they were a loser. And I was "pretty sure" that online poker was rigged.

Then I learned how to play.

shoeman
03-09-2005, 02:49 PM
You sir, need to stop playing poker now.