PDA

View Full Version : tptk -ev??

IcarusFalling
03-09-2005, 09:29 AM
i've noticed lately when i've played ring games with almost everyone in preflop and on the turn and river atleast 4-5... i've noticed that it seems like almost all the time i get drawn out.... im not talking about an average game here.. im talking about a game where it is so fishy people will even stay in with ace high hoping for there three outer.. when you have this many fish together it seems like tptk might barely make a profit or maybe not even.... seems like the only way is to draw out on them with trips a set or straight++.

easypete
03-09-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i've noticed lately when i've played ring games with almost everyone in preflop and on the turn and river atleast 4-5... i've noticed that it seems like almost all the time i get drawn out....

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. You've made a step in the right direction. Now how do you use that information?

Welcome to the forums.

JSHamm
03-09-2005, 09:35 AM
In loose games where it's a multi-way (family) pot the value of "made" hands decrease while the value of drawing hands increase. You have to consider how many outs the opponents have collectively to your top pair by the river where they could easily hit at least two pair. I think you really have to tighten up at these game conditions.

k000k
03-09-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In loose games where it's a multi-way (family) pot the value of "made" hands decrease while the value of drawing hands increase. You have to consider how many outs the opponents have collectively to your top pair by the river where they could easily hit at least two pair. I think you really have to tighten up at these game conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget, your top pair has 5 outs to top TWO pair, which will win a good percentage of the time. Not to mention any BD flushes, straight potential, etc. And with all those players in, you're getting odds to call it down. If the flop isn't scary, top pair rocks.

You definately DON'T have to tighten up, in fact you can LOOSEN up, calling with suited/connected stuff you'd normally chuck PF. What you DO have to do is make sure you get out early when you don't hit. Definately be able to let go of TPTK if action gets hot.

jrz1972
03-09-2005, 10:42 AM
When a bunch of people routinely chase with any two cards, TPTK won't hold up as often as in a normal game, but when it DOES hold up you get paid off much more than you "should."

Definitely +EV.

btspider
03-09-2005, 10:45 AM
let's see.. 5 to the river.. you are putting in 20% of the bets.. you want to win more than 20% of the pots.. hey! that's less than half!

bottomset
03-09-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
let's see.. 5 to the river.. you are putting in 20% of the bets.. you want to win more than 20% of the pots.. hey! that's less than half!

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, you will lose more pots overall, but win much bigger pots when it does hold up .. and its cleary a much better thing than all hands HU .. it just takes adjusting to